IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That's what I thought
Barry could tell you the details of a recent issue I had. Suffice it to say I thought if I could fix the problem the questions would stop. They didn't. It's a trust issue.

I just realized it's like OSS. Someone who uses Windows has no idea how it works. It just does. Until it doesn't. Then they want to know why. They're really not equipped to understand the answer. Then the local OSS evangelist comes along and says that if you've got the code you know what it's doing. The decision maker still isn't equipped to understand what he's seeing, but knowing that the information is available boosts trust.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Use the source, Drook.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New It has worked for me
The questions don't just stop. They slowly trail off as people forget.

It helps to establish a track record of proactively informing people when there might be a problem, and proactively informing people when you catch any existing problem (particularly if you caused it). Then they can find comfort in the fact that when things go wrong, you are their monitoring system.

Cheers,
Ben
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Speaking of which
What happened?

Send email
     networking philosophy - (dabox) - (8)
         Should? Maybe. - (broomberg)
         Since broom took the PHB side... - (folkert) - (1)
             Ditto - (broomberg)
         What is the problem? - (ben_tilly) - (4)
             That's what I thought - (drewk) - (3)
                 Use the source, Drook. -NT - (Yendor)
                 It has worked for me - (ben_tilly)
                 Speaking of which - (broomberg)

For the time being, let's leave him in the infirmary with a defenseless female half-wit with no survival instincts.
38 ms