IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If I turn into a "girly man" . . .
. . it's because I ate some unfermented soybeans today. Soybeans contain possibly dangerous levels of a vegetable version of estrogen. This is probably a defensive mechanism to cause developmental and fertility problems for animals that dare to eat soybeans.

If I do turn into a girly man, I'll immediately run for the California state legislature so I can be among my kind (see Arnold).

Soy products may be the next "big thing" for lawyers looking for a follow-up to sueing the tobacco companies, especially since sueing fast food joints for obesity doesn't seem to be taking off. Some child development lawsuits have already been filed (in New Zealand, I think).

Despite extreme indultry pressure the FDA has strongly resisted giving soy products a generally considered safe designation, but several of their scientists are now under a gag order due to industry pressure.

Most uses of soy in the U.S. are not traditional uses. Traditional uses are mostly for fermented beans (soy sauce, miso, bean sauce, etc.) which are safe and tofu where most of the toxins are discarded with the water.

On the other hand, some researchers feel the growth spurt among post WWII Japanese is not due to the high protien of a Westernized diet but from a reduction of consumption of soy products, even though most of the soy products consume in Japan are considered reasonably safe.

Many of the textured vegetable protien products consumed by health enthusiasts in place of "unhealthy" meat are considered highly supect by some researchers.

The whole problem started when paint manufacturers moved to petroleum bases leaving soy and canola growsers without a market, so the soy people in particular put the marketing and product development departments on afterburner and started heavy political pressure to allow them to make health claims for benefits that were uncertain.

In any case, I don't think eating a few soybeans now and then is going to do any harm, particularly for a "fully developed" guy like me, but I sure wouldn't feed soy based infant formulas to babys or much soy anything to developing children until this all gets sorted out. Here's a link to a typical soy article [link|http://www.mothering.com/10-0-0/html/10-6-0/soy-story.shtml|The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food] for anyone interested.

It's going to have to be sorted out in the courts, because when several powerful industries are paying scientists, "experts" and politicians, it is impossible to know the truth any other way, and even then it's iffy.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Interesting, forwarded
To deny the indirect purchaser, who in this case is the ultimate purchaser, the right to seek relief from unlawful conduct, would essentially remove the word consumer from the Consumer Protection Act
- [link|http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=1246&Page=1&pagePos=20|Nebraska Supreme Court]
New Same
New Also.
New We stopped eating it a while ago.
Especially Duncan, who used to go through a block of (raw!) tofu twice a week (bleh).
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New dont hold yer breath waiting for your boobs to grow
my eldest was alergic to cow and mom couldnt feed him due to medication issues. He is 15 well formed tall and if his genitals are in proportion to when I was changing his diaper he should be nicknamed meat.
thanx,
bill
These miserable swine, having nothing but illusions to live on, marshmallows for the soul in place of good meat, will now stoop to any disgusting level to prevent even those miserable morsels from vanishing into thin air. The country is being destroyed by these stupid, vicious right-wing fanatics, the spiritual brothers of the brownshirts and redstars, collectivists and authoritarians all, who would not know freedom if it bit them on the ass, who spend all their time trying to stamp, bludgeon, and eviscerate the very idea of the individual's right to his own private world. DRL
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: dont hold yer breath waiting for your boobs to grow
Premature sexual development is one of the observed effects in both males and females. Long term consequences are still being evaluated.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Re: If I turn into a "girly man" . . . {sigh}
Nutrition is among the list of prudent topics I (am not proud to have been..) relatively disinterested in, though with periodic 'briefings' - I thought I 'knew' a minimal something. My 'trouble' has been - I have experienced so few maladies as would force some attention! I still haven't.. but I'm seeing more and more debilitated people, and hearing from some of those who indeed did/are doing their homework, and watching their own progress.

All of these 'reports' ~ agree that: very much of the US typ. diet is rilly Bad, in many connotations. (Natch.. I don't expect ever to find the Unbiased True Right Summary, of course, with or without Jesus.)

I'll settle for just extirpating some useful, credible material from the morass, by paying due Attention to Bayesian filters [knew that might someday be a cute idea] of the usual herd movements. The simplistic rulez of so many 'diet' authors is simply all about ez-no-brainers for the terminally uninvolved.. often uttered with Messianic fervor. Formidable S/N, out there.

I'm grateful for having my system pulsed by nearby events. Starting to do triage.. before the body chem might start on the neurons :-0
..and maybe finding corrupt-body joining Repos for Rapine / Growing the Conflagration.

The QUESTION just might have become:

Has crappy food caused? catalyzed.. multiplied! the obv descent towards terminal Dumbth [???]

Holy. Shit.
New I often have Tofu with meals. OMG! Explains everything! :P
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
     If I turn into a "girly man" . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
         Interesting, forwarded -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             Same -NT - (broomberg)
             Also. -NT - (CRConrad)
         We stopped eating it a while ago. - (admin)
         dont hold yer breath waiting for your boobs to grow - (boxley) - (1)
             Re: dont hold yer breath waiting for your boobs to grow - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: If I turn into a "girly man" . . . {sigh} - (Ashton)
         I often have Tofu with meals. OMG! Explains everything! :P -NT - (Meerkat)

That's not actually how law works.
91 ms