Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New p228 ownz the Deagle.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Really?
I tried one, couldn't hit the broad side of an AOL CD pile with it...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New I see yer Deagle.
I see yer 7 round clip. I see ya miss me as I bounce around like the energizer bunny.

I see yer reloading.

I shoot0r j00!

Yeah, the 228 pwns. Ya just need practice with it.

The deagle is like the awp, a gun for people who can't shoot. Real men use the p228 and the scout :-)

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Funny...
I've never been shot down reloading my DEagle. I'll give the P228 a try or two and see how I do - but I think it has something to do with my style...

Config 1: (Gun round)

T: Deagle, sometimes full ammo (depends on who I'm going up against, how many are on my team, etc - don't waste money on a full load if you're not going to use it. The Glock sucks, so you pretty much have to buy something else if you want to do any damage.)

CT: Body armor+'nade if I can jack it.

Config 2: (Cheap combo)

T/CT: Deagle, Full Body Armor, Full Ammo, HE or Flash 'nade. I generally get 2-3 kills with this combo, then accidentally pick up somebody's gun as I'm charging around the corner, and get whacked while the "activation" animation plays out. Note that if I pick up somebody's gun, wait for the animation to play out, and THEN go around the corner, I still tend to get whacked. I call it The Curse.

Config 3: ($$$ combo)

CT: M4A1, Deagle, Full Body Armor, as many 'nades as I can carry, and all the ammo. I carry the DEagle in case I happen to actually empty a clip while in a potentially nasty situation - you wouldn't believe how many I take down with the DEagle while they're reloading. Usually I can get 2-3 kills per clip with the M4A1, so this doesn't happen unless I experience a "Pulp Fiction" moment...

T: Replace M4A1 with SG-552. Sit back at long range, pick people off with the occasional headshot. For some reason, I've had moderate success snipin' with a DEagle occasionally, but I prefer the SG-552 for that...

So my guess would be that you would suggest replacing combo #2 and maybe #1 with the 228. The problem is, I play with a bunch of people who have honed their headshot skills to the insane (yep, no cheats, we've had people watching them play, and they still do really !$!%! spiffy) so when I run into them, I have to take them down ASAP, and waiting for them to run out of ammo is Not An Option.

(Quote about Bashful, server operator and player - "Bash doesn't camp, he sets up a tent, gets a fire going, and then roasts yer weenie over it with his legendary AWP skills.")
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
     Microsoft keyboard - (wharris2) - (33)
         take off cover of old keyboard squirt with dish soap - (boxley) - (1)
             Wanted a backup keyboard anyway - (wharris2)
         Microsoft hardware... - (inthane-chan) - (30)
             Hardware... - (kmself)
             Now if only they'd put out a decent 3-button mouse - (wharris2) - (28)
                 The funny thing is... - (inthane-chan) - (26)
                     Re: The funny thing is... - (pwhysall) - (12)
                         Nope, because it ain't cordless - (tonytib) - (11)
                             Inevitable pitch for the perfect device.. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 Meerkat goes 'Me Too!' - (Meerkat) - (3)
                                     I've used them all and it's very personal -- MY ratings - (tonytib) - (2)
                                         I can thank the 'Pointer Stick' for one thing... - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                             I prefer it to a touchpad though -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                 Inevitable shudder - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     Perhaps you have two thumbs on each hand?________________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Heh. - (wharris2)
                             Wireless Explorer blows chunks. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 Logitech wireless is good unless you really hide the xmitter - (tonytib) - (1)
                                     I use a wireless Logitech with my laptop - (cforde)
                     The topic that wouldn't die - (tseliot) - (12)
                         ..politics, religion, mice - what else IS there? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Ash, Ash, Ash. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Ah!____ I see______________uhHuh er jolly good - (Ashton)
                         Re: The topic that wouldn't die - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             That's why God invented hud_fastswitch :) -NT - (tseliot)
                             DEagle is the best backup. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                                 The accuracy of the MP5 is now zero with advent of CS 1.3 :( -NT - (tseliot) - (1)
                                     Actually, I stopped using it during 1.2. - Go fig. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                 p228 ownz the Deagle. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Really? - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                         I see yer Deagle. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Funny... - (inthane-chan)
                 Logitech loveliness. - (static)

Oh right, your thing. Yeah, that stinks.
104 ms