IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: The topic that wouldn't die
I'm thinking of moving my reload button *off* the mouse.

Many are the times when I've killed an enemy, leaving 20 rounds in the clip, reloaded, and been jumped by the buddy I didn't know he had - who I can't shoot because I'm reloading :\\

[MwG]MunkeeShines
Counter-Terrorist For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New That's why God invented hud_fastswitch :)
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New DEagle is the best backup.
Actually, according to the stats machine here at the MS internal game servers, fully 1/3 of my kills are DEagle kills.

Breakdown:

34.3% kills by DEagle
29.9% by M4A1
15.3% by Sig SG-552 Commando (A new favorite of mine - I'm doing a lot of snipin' with this recently.)
5.1% by H&K MP5 Navy (I've stopped using this in favor of the DEagle - I do better with the DEagle)
3.6% by H&K USP .45 Tactical
2.9% by HE grenade
2.9% by FN P90 (I pick them up occasionally when somebody spends too much money to take on my DEagle...)
1.5% by Benelli XM1014 (Used to really like this gun - then realized I wasn't hitting anybody with it, and it cost a lot more than the DEagle anyways.)

And a smattering of other stuff not worth recounting. Like the fact that I've never bought an AWP, but I've gotten about 6 kills with them...
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New The accuracy of the MP5 is now zero with advent of CS 1.3 :(
---------------------------------
A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly by the chain of their own ideas;...despair and time eat away the bonds of iron and steel, but they are powerless against the habitual union of ideas, they can only tighten it still more; and on the soft fibres of the brain is founded the unshakable base of the soundest of Empires."

Jacques Servan, 1767
New Actually, I stopped using it during 1.2. - Go fig.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
New p228 ownz the Deagle.

Peter
Shill For Hire
New Really?
I tried one, couldn't hit the broad side of an AOL CD pile with it...
New I see yer Deagle.
I see yer 7 round clip. I see ya miss me as I bounce around like the energizer bunny.

I see yer reloading.

I shoot0r j00!

Yeah, the 228 pwns. Ya just need practice with it.

The deagle is like the awp, a gun for people who can't shoot. Real men use the p228 and the scout :-)

Peter
Shill For Hire
New Funny...
I've never been shot down reloading my DEagle. I'll give the P228 a try or two and see how I do - but I think it has something to do with my style...

Config 1: (Gun round)

T: Deagle, sometimes full ammo (depends on who I'm going up against, how many are on my team, etc - don't waste money on a full load if you're not going to use it. The Glock sucks, so you pretty much have to buy something else if you want to do any damage.)

CT: Body armor+'nade if I can jack it.

Config 2: (Cheap combo)

T/CT: Deagle, Full Body Armor, Full Ammo, HE or Flash 'nade. I generally get 2-3 kills with this combo, then accidentally pick up somebody's gun as I'm charging around the corner, and get whacked while the "activation" animation plays out. Note that if I pick up somebody's gun, wait for the animation to play out, and THEN go around the corner, I still tend to get whacked. I call it The Curse.

Config 3: ($$$ combo)

CT: M4A1, Deagle, Full Body Armor, as many 'nades as I can carry, and all the ammo. I carry the DEagle in case I happen to actually empty a clip while in a potentially nasty situation - you wouldn't believe how many I take down with the DEagle while they're reloading. Usually I can get 2-3 kills per clip with the M4A1, so this doesn't happen unless I experience a "Pulp Fiction" moment...

T: Replace M4A1 with SG-552. Sit back at long range, pick people off with the occasional headshot. For some reason, I've had moderate success snipin' with a DEagle occasionally, but I prefer the SG-552 for that...

So my guess would be that you would suggest replacing combo #2 and maybe #1 with the 228. The problem is, I play with a bunch of people who have honed their headshot skills to the insane (yep, no cheats, we've had people watching them play, and they still do really !$!%! spiffy) so when I run into them, I have to take them down ASAP, and waiting for them to run out of ammo is Not An Option.

(Quote about Bashful, server operator and player - "Bash doesn't camp, he sets up a tent, gets a fire going, and then roasts yer weenie over it with his legendary AWP skills.")
     Microsoft keyboard - (wharris2) - (33)
         take off cover of old keyboard squirt with dish soap - (boxley) - (1)
             Wanted a backup keyboard anyway - (wharris2)
         Microsoft hardware... - (inthane-chan) - (30)
             Hardware... - (kmself)
             Now if only they'd put out a decent 3-button mouse - (wharris2) - (28)
                 The funny thing is... - (inthane-chan) - (26)
                     Re: The funny thing is... - (pwhysall) - (12)
                         Nope, because it ain't cordless - (tonytib) - (11)
                             Inevitable pitch for the perfect device.. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 Meerkat goes 'Me Too!' - (Meerkat) - (3)
                                     I've used them all and it's very personal -- MY ratings - (tonytib) - (2)
                                         I can thank the 'Pointer Stick' for one thing... - (Meerkat) - (1)
                                             I prefer it to a touchpad though -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                 Inevitable shudder - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     Perhaps you have two thumbs on each hand?________________:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Heh. - (wharris2)
                             Wireless Explorer blows chunks. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                 Logitech wireless is good unless you really hide the xmitter - (tonytib) - (1)
                                     I use a wireless Logitech with my laptop - (cforde)
                     The topic that wouldn't die - (tseliot) - (12)
                         ..politics, religion, mice - what else IS there? -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Ash, Ash, Ash. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Ah!____ I see______________uhHuh er jolly good - (Ashton)
                         Re: The topic that wouldn't die - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             That's why God invented hud_fastswitch :) -NT - (tseliot)
                             DEagle is the best backup. - (inthane-chan) - (6)
                                 The accuracy of the MP5 is now zero with advent of CS 1.3 :( -NT - (tseliot) - (1)
                                     Actually, I stopped using it during 1.2. - Go fig. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                 p228 ownz the Deagle. -NT - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Really? - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                                         I see yer Deagle. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Funny... - (inthane-chan)
                 Logitech loveliness. - (static)

We have a moral imperative.
73 ms