IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Terrorism quiz
Only one question.

Who started the ball rolling for modern, media-savvy terrorism? Why? Where? When? How?

The answer will surprise you (or perhaps not).

-drl
New Are you referring to the Jew who killed German Ambassador in
protest for the treatment of Jews in Germany in the 30s? Or to the assasination of ErtzHerzog Ferdinand (?) that started the WW1? Or may be to Hashishim? What's media, and who is media-savvy?
--

"...was poorly, lugubrious and intoxicated."

-- Patrick O'Brian, "Master and Commander"
New Re: Are you referring to the Jew who killed German...
Media - TV, radio, newspapers.

Modern - post WW-II. Instant news going all 'round the world.

You're close.
-drl
New charlie?
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New gotta be a jew in a loaded question like that somewhere
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
New Loaded question?
It's a statement of fact. And it points to the root cause of the current unpleasantness.
-drl
New The bombing of the King David Hotel?
[link|http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/bombing_of_the_king_david_hotel.htm|The bombing of the King David Hotel] occurred in July 1946 and some saw it as a pivotal moment in recent Middle East history. The King David Hotel was the site for the British Military Command in Palestine. It also served as the headquarters of the British Criminal Investigation Division. The bombing of the hotel galvanised the British into realising that their time in Palestine was coming to an end.

On June 29th 1946, the British unexpectedly entered the premises of the Jewish Agency and took away with them a large number of documents \ufffd some of which were deemed to be sensitive. All the documents were taken to the King David Hotel where they were to be assessed by intelligence analysts. At around the same time, the British arrested 2,500 Jews in Palestine. Irgun, a Jewish secret organisation (deemed to be a terrorist group by the British) decided to target the hotel for vengeance and also as a way of destroying the documents that had been taken by the British.

The leader of Irgun, Menachem Begin, claimed that Irgun saw the hotel solely as a military building \ufffd and therefore a legitimate target. Begin claimed that three warnings were sent out on July 22nd 1946 about the planned attack to keep casualties to the minimum. Begin claimed that three phone calls were made to a) to the French Consulate b) to the hotel itself and c) to the "Palestine Post".

Any warnings were to no avail. The British did not evacuate the hotel and the bombing killed 91 people and injured 45. Ironically, few people in the hotel itself were killed \ufffd and Jews were among the casualties.
Alex

"If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said." -- Alan Greenspan, Federal Reserve chairman
New No TV broadcasts in 1946, sorry, next Jew please :-)
New Ding!
It was a deliberate grab for media attention. In fact and in spirit it was no different than Iraqis blowing up car bombs.
-drl
New sorry that was after this
[link|http://www.us-israel.org/jsource/History/hebron29.html|http://www.us-israel...ory/hebron29.html]
thanx,
bill
New And the demise of Count Benadotti in Palestine :-)

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New Olympic attack on Israeli athletes?
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Manson's attack was earlier
New This is the one I thought of...
It's not modern (post-post-modern, anyone?) and it's not exactly terrorism, but it's soooo media-savvy: a man named <googling...> Herostratos burned down the [link|http://ce.eng.usf.edu/pharos/wonders/artemis.html|Temple of Artemis at Ephesus], one of the seven wonders of the world, in the year 356 *BC* in order for his name to be remembered forever -- to become a celebrity!

What a star!
I'm not a complete idiot -- some parts are missing
New Herostratus got hero status!
Or:

Herostratus - a big, powerful cloud that is often poppyseeded.

(nice link!)
-drl
     Terrorism quiz - (deSitter) - (14)
         Are you referring to the Jew who killed German Ambassador in - (Arkadiy) - (4)
             Re: Are you referring to the Jew who killed German... - (deSitter) - (1)
                 charlie? -NT - (boxley)
             gotta be a jew in a loaded question like that somewhere -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Loaded question? - (deSitter)
         The bombing of the King David Hotel? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             No TV broadcasts in 1946, sorry, next Jew please :-) -NT - (boxley)
             Ding! - (deSitter) - (1)
                 sorry that was after this - (boxley)
             And the demise of Count Benadotti in Palestine :-) -NT - (dmarker)
         Olympic attack on Israeli athletes? -NT - (jb4) - (1)
             Manson's attack was earlier -NT - (boxley)
         This is the one I thought of... - (GBert) - (1)
             Herostratus got hero status! - (deSitter)

You're never too old to say "horses" when you drive past some horses.
158 ms