IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And now I've just given up
I don't know if it was the burned copy of the XP install CD, or the older-than-dirt CD drive, or sunspots, but I couldn't install even after pulling /hda and making (the former) /hdb the only drive. Yes I switched the jumper. Yes I made sure the bios found it.

It took about 10 minutes to decide to start installing, then kept hanging on individual files it couldn't copy. Screw this shit, I've spent enough time on it if I actually billed the hours I could have bought the new one. Even my wife is tired of seeing me fight with it and told me to just buy one that already has what I need.

So Greg, if you're heading to any killer sales and find those buy-one-get-one-free 1/4-terrabyte drives you keep bragging about, pick me up some parts, and you can bill me for the assembly and/or the delivery. I'll drop you an email with particulars, but you already pretty mich know what I want.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Whatever you want...
Do you want XP with that?
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey

Heard near the SCOG employee entry/exit way:

Security: We got another Mass Exodus Doorway Jam.
New Yeah, and fries
Any Windows that'll drive the scanner and printer would do. Even 95 would be fine. Windows will never touch the internet.

BTW BestBuy has 200G for $289 before $50 in rebates.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Re: Yeah, and fries
If you want to wait a week and tote it to Philly, I can guarantee you a dual boot masterpiece :)
-drl
     So I've given up on VMWare - (drewk) - (23)
         You can trick it... - (folkert)
         Good man, giving up his toys! -NT - (deSitter)
         They *never* make it easy, do they - (drewk) - (16)
             Re: They *never* make it easy, do they - (deSitter) - (2)
                 XP is different... the filesystem takes over the whole drive -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                     Not if you graft it on - (deSitter)
             Not entirely true - (pwhysall) - (12)
                 And all the stuff I find online says not to do that - (drewk) - (11)
                     Sure it does. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         rofl - (Yendor)
                         Okay Mr. MCP Man - (drewk) - (8)
                             IANP... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 The swap is something I should only have to do once - (drewk)
                             More details, sai - and some answers. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 How do I launch the installer - (drewk) - (4)
                                     Re: How do I launch the installer - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         This isn't stupidity, it's willfull ignorance - (drewk) - (2)
                                             Someone who - (Ashton)
                                             Re: This isn't stupidity, it's willfull ignorance - (deSitter)
         And now I've just given up - (drewk) - (3)
             Whatever you want... - (folkert) - (2)
                 Yeah, and fries - (drewk) - (1)
                     Re: Yeah, and fries - (deSitter)

Who moved my cheese? A narcotic direction to negotiate to the change in its work and its life.
45 ms