IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not if you graft it on
You could even graft it down onto FAT32 from NTFS. It will start in partial safe-mode and start reinstalling low-level devices, and could at some point ask for the CD. So just make an image and come up with a way to unpack the image onto hda1 from Linux.

I'll bet it's easier with XP, because the boot process is saner and you can boot from the CD and do a repair. Just make the ERD that XP needs. That'll restore Windows booting, then you start Linux from a bootdisk and re-establish Linux booting with Windows as a secondary boot option.

Both my laptops work this way.
-drl
Collapse Edited by deSitter June 21, 2004, 11:11:53 PM EDT
Not if you graft it on
You could even graft it down onto FAT32 from NTFS. It will start in partial safe-mode and start reinstalling low-level devices, and could at some point ask for the CD. So just make an image and come up with a way to unpack the image onto hda1 from Linux.
-drl
     So I've given up on VMWare - (drewk) - (23)
         You can trick it... - (folkert)
         Good man, giving up his toys! -NT - (deSitter)
         They *never* make it easy, do they - (drewk) - (16)
             Re: They *never* make it easy, do they - (deSitter) - (2)
                 XP is different... the filesystem takes over the whole drive -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                     Not if you graft it on - (deSitter)
             Not entirely true - (pwhysall) - (12)
                 And all the stuff I find online says not to do that - (drewk) - (11)
                     Sure it does. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                         rofl - (Yendor)
                         Okay Mr. MCP Man - (drewk) - (8)
                             IANP... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 The swap is something I should only have to do once - (drewk)
                             More details, sai - and some answers. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                 How do I launch the installer - (drewk) - (4)
                                     Re: How do I launch the installer - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         This isn't stupidity, it's willfull ignorance - (drewk) - (2)
                                             Someone who - (Ashton)
                                             Re: This isn't stupidity, it's willfull ignorance - (deSitter)
         And now I've just given up - (drewk) - (3)
             Whatever you want... - (folkert) - (2)
                 Yeah, and fries - (drewk) - (1)
                     Re: Yeah, and fries - (deSitter)

Save your piss. Seriously.
71 ms