IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Preparing for unemployment :P
Well, the 15th looms ever closer and I still have received no offers. In fact, the job searches I'm doing keep turning up the same jobs I've already sent resumes to, over and over and over again, with no ones on the horizon. So I'm starting to get pessimistic.

Because my contract is ending a few weeks sooner than it would have officially, I'll probably qualify for unemployment. I'd rather work, but I'll take what I can get because I'd prefer to not have to sell (or lose) the house. So pretty soon I'm going to be cutting off all my frivolous utilities... which means, sadly, the cable modem will go away for a while. It's going to take forever to upload new comics, now. Oh well.

Wheee, great fun. The positive side of this is that while I'm unemployed I can start going through all these "learn perl, java, whatever" books and actually LEARN perl, java, and whatever.

"So, Mr. Wright, what were you doing during the period between your last job and this interview."

"Learning new job skills in order to maximize my value to your organization, Ma'am."

Anyway.
"We are all born originals -- why is it so many of us die copies?"
- Edward Young
New Good luck on the job search...
...went through a bout of unemployment earlier this year, so I can empathize. Wish I had been able to enjoy my time off, but the wife took a full time job so I got kid duty on top of spending hours searching and studying for the positions I was applying for.

Wheee, great fun. The positive side of this is that while I'm unemployed I can start going through all these "learn perl, java, whatever" books and actually LEARN perl, java, and whatever.
I managed to get Java certified on my time off, but it didn't help the job search much. I do suggest tackling things such as long put off software projects or going for certs if you have those kinds of aspirations.
New well, I'm not really a programmer
and really probably don't have the chops to be one -- too much math and logic. :) However, it would be useful to know what the hell programmers are talking about when I'm documenting their stuff...

...also, I'd like to get more involved in web design, which unfortunately these days means knowing all that crap. :)

- Edward Young
New Cuts looming
New CEO has announced the reorg that will save the company but also announced that there will be layoffs. Prolly waiting for xmas.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Ha, Laugh If You Want To
You'll discover soon enough what it is to be without gainful employment of any kind, other than stock-boy at Wal-Mart, a butt-boy for the Republican worldview. But you IWETHEYers are a confounded pollyanna lot in any case.

Prepare for the worst. I've been there, live there still, and it's not fun. You are going to suffer, friend. And all like you in this august Aston-body. He's immune: men are from Mars, Ashton is from Moscow on the Drainage Canal.

-ross
New Hey doc
just had a big meet today.
the good news our div might get bonus, it will be about 3k, the bad news is the whole pile projections are down 20 so 20 may be cut.
so
1. Cut and bonus Im OK
2. Bonus and Job Im Ok
3. Job with no bonus or raise I am fscked
4. Go to Pidgeon Forge for xmas, a day at dollywood will clear the blues.
work at 711 or as a bartender for a few months.
even,
bill

check saphire daily tamara called me yesturday on a gig.
thanx,
bill
New Uh err YOU are a founding member etc :)
New Yep
Scales fall from eyes, cataracts clear and vision is now clean.

I can see clearly now. BP helped the asshole Repos with the MS dick-sucking-by-govt. Many a Pollyanna had his SETI sun-day. Grygus is all right with the world and cooking. Ashton is oblivious as always, since his "protests" of the 60s. Anderson lives by his superiority, Chan by his fake-ass humanity. Kime is a Marine with no fight, Mehaffy has his common man fanfare. Jester on the sideline in a cast, Petreley waiting for the Apocalypse. Bowmer chagrined that anyone could disagree with him, Self tilting like Don Quixote at softwarewindmills, wasting his intelligence on nothingness.

Only Tilly got out, somehow, with his whole skin.

We are losers. All of us. Witness the lack of ads. I lead the pack in loserness, but none of you is far behind.
New Go away.
You're not wanted here.

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New Bowmer's "chagrin" is as nothing to mine...
...upon noticing I'm not even *in* that litany of "loosers"!

Oh, wait, I forgot -- is *that* what "falling off his list" meant?!?

Funny, ya'd think it was something more, like, negative...

Ash and Carg are still right, of course: POAD, asshole.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
Expand Edited by CRConrad Nov. 4, 2001, 09:02:46 PM EST
New Like a...
...bad cold, you just keep hanging around, don't you?

Go sell your shit somewhere else. According to you, we're all full here anyway.
-YendorMike

"The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by the skeptics or the cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need people who dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
New Hey, I got mentioned
Hmm, I feel honored, I guess.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New I'd like to thank the Academy...
...for this award!

He loves me...he really really loves me.

Yep...single handedly held Klein by the hair when he was blowing Balmer.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New ummm... ok.
Well, the worst is what I'm preparing for, but that's not what you wanted to hear, so:

Gee, I dunno! Everything is going to be fine! Now I'm gonna go stick my head in the sand and drop my pants around my ankles!

There. Now you can feel morally superior or whatever.
- Edward Young
New Most dying animals have the innate sense
to pay attention to the most important time of life, silently and solitarily. Of course too, most animals don't have egos - so they needn't wallow in public bathos and miss the whole experience.

Wolf! Wolf!

Get on with your psychic death. Quietly, after all these dry runs.
     Preparing for unemployment :P - (cwbrenn) - (14)
         Good luck on the job search... - (ChrisR) - (1)
             well, I'm not really a programmer - (cwbrenn)
         Cuts looming - (boxley)
         Ha, Laugh If You Want To - (deSitter) - (10)
             Hey doc - (boxley)
             Uh err YOU are a founding member etc :) -NT - (boxley) - (6)
                 Yep - (deSitter) - (5)
                     Go away. - (pwhysall)
                     Bowmer's "chagrin" is as nothing to mine... - (CRConrad)
                     Like a... - (Yendor)
                     Hey, I got mentioned - (drewk)
                     I'd like to thank the Academy... - (bepatient)
             ummm... ok. - (cwbrenn)
             Most dying animals have the innate sense - (Ashton)

Someone take over before I lose my dignity.
121 ms