IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The infamous Grenada ! - a classic repub victory ...
The students were the admin's excuse.

"The invasion was already under way, so even if we opposed it, there was nothing any of us could do," House Speaker Tip O'Neil said at the time. "I had some serious reservations, and I'm sure my Democratic colleagues did as well, but I'd be damned if I was going to voice any criticism while our boys were out there."

[link|http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Articles9/MickeyZ_Grenada.htm|http://www.dissident...ckeyZ_Grenada.htm]

As for Panama - no matter what anyone thinks of Chomsky personally, he tends to get his facts 100% right ..

Yet another great repub invasion 'victory'....

[link|http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Chomsky/ChomOdon_Panama.html|http://www.thirdworl...mOdon_Panama.html]

Doug M

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
Expand Edited by dmarker June 13, 2004, 08:11:42 PM EDT
New well in panama, noreiaga fell behind on his vig
Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Oh, grenada
monroe doctrine thingy. let me quote your article
Casualties included 135 Americans killed or wounded, 84 Cubans, and some 400 Grenadians. The cubans were on a cigar selling promotional campeign I suppose. Of those 84 how many more were not hurt? At this time Cuba had a division at least in Angola. A continent away from a small carribean Island who delcares itself at war with the US.
thanx,
bill

Anchorage AK: House for sale 3 bed 1 bath 1440 sq feet huge lot near Cheney Lake 175K FSBO 813.273.3518
I wondered what Darwinian moment had to effect itself before we devolved from children flying paper flags in the sky to half formed creatures thundering in a wall of horns down the road to Roncevaux. James Lee Burke
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: Oh, grenada

I agree with you re any actions that were designed to contain Cuba (who were very clearly Soviet's proxies until gorby pulled the plug (wallet)).

Issue re Grenada is just what it was really about. It can be fairly argued that it was a practice invasion for Panama which was a serious problem created by Carter when he signed the Panama Canal handover treaty.

Most people fail to grasp the significance of Grenada being British & Maggie being the PM of the day & she would have had no hesitation in dealing with problems. In fact it may be argued that she agreed to a request from Ronnie to use the Grenada sitiuation to both their advantages.

Doug

"Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes!".

-- Leonardo Da Vinci
New Better count them Repo "victories" while you can...
...cuz the next one ain't a-gonna happen for a while....
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

fuck all you stone hearted cocksuckers!! - (boxley) - (28)
         And a solid fuck you too! - (inthane-chan)
         Here's a platitude for you. - (mmoffitt)
         Ronald Reagan - founder of . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Up yours! - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
             voted for him as well - (boxley) - (12)
                 Bzzzzt. Grenada? - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                     yes, rescued the students remember? - (boxley) - (10)
                         The infamous Grenada ! - a classic repub victory ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                             well in panama, noreiaga fell behind on his vig -NT - (boxley)
                             Oh, grenada - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Re: Oh, grenada - (dmarker)
                             Better count them Repo "victories" while you can... - (jb4)
                         ROFL. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             so you claim that the cubans were cigar salesmen? - (boxley) - (3)
                                 And you claim Cuba was planning a US invasion? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     you aint been to miami lately, too fucking late -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                         No, we "invited" those. - (mmoffitt)
         Real hearts aren't moved by puppy-dog sentimentality, - (Ashton) - (10)
             Dont worship the man - (boxley) - (9)
                 Re: Dont worship the man - (deSitter) - (8)
                     Didn't he spend the war making training films? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                         yup, each according to their needs, - (boxley) - (1)
                             James Stewart flew combat missions - (deSitter)
                         Not to apologize for him... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                             Pop volunteered, December 1940 - (deSitter)
                     An that would explain this: - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Re: An that would explain this: - (deSitter)
                     Re: delusional. - (mmoffitt)