IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: when you see the scsi bios flash press alt A
Tried that,
Enabled the BIOS, set things to send 'start'

Confirmed that it sees the drive - but still will not boot.

It looks like the motherboard BIOS is too old for the application [will not take 16383 cyl hard drive]

Time to raid a friend's junk pile for a not quite so old ATX box [and put the SCSI disks [all 5 gig worth] back into this one]
New partition into 1024 cylenders, put a dos partition on it
use a floppy with fdisk, partition into 1024 cylendors and it should boot.
thanx,'
bill
Time for Lord Stanley to get a Tan
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New The booting device sequence is in BIOS menu.
Have you looked at the options there?

You should be able to see what key to press to enter the BIOS menu while the memory tests are runnung. On my machines (with Asus mobos) it is the Delete key.
Alex

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
New Ancient Hardware
Well it seems the old Adaptec SCSI controller's BIOS will not allow booting from a CDROM. The Motherboard BIOS was designed back when 212 meg was a *huge* disk drive.

I've obtained a 'less obsolete' ATX formfactor box [don't know the CPU, but its likely much faster than the P133 in the other box]

Now all I need to do is scrounge some RAM [probably retail] then I should have a working x86 box - this one should boot from CDrom, sidestepping the original difficulty in generating a boot floppy from a .img file on a Mac
     Create boot floppy on a Mac??? - (dlevitt) - (8)
         what kind of adapter? - (boxley) - (6)
             Re: what kind of adapter? - (dlevitt) - (5)
                 when you see the scsi bios flash press alt A - (boxley) - (4)
                     Re: when you see the scsi bios flash press alt A - (dlevitt) - (3)
                         partition into 1024 cylenders, put a dos partition on it - (boxley)
                         The booting device sequence is in BIOS menu. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Ancient Hardware - (dlevitt)
         Making boot floppy on a PC. - (a6l6e6x)

Several ICLRPDs in there, but I'll let others pick out their favorites.
38 ms