Hi Bill,

You may recall that on ezboard I said I was going to review the 6 CD boxed set [link|http://www.eelpie.com/products_music.html|Lifehouse Chronicles] I got from England quite a while ago... :-) Unfortunately, I haven't had time to listen to the whole thing more than once, so I don't think I can give it justice in a review, but I'm glad I got it. It would be nice to be able to buy it in the US - the shipping was something like $30+...

Lots of the great Who songs were conceived with Lifehouse in mind. Seeing how many were part of the project gives me more perspective on what he was trying to say.

See how many of these songs you recognize.

Teenage Wasteland
Goin Mobile*
Baba O'Riley*
Time is Passing
Love Ain't for Keeping
Bargain*
Too Much of Anything
Music Must Change*
Greyhound Girl
Mary
Behind Blue Eyes*
Sister Disco

I Don't Know Myself
Put the Money Down
Pure and Easy**
Getting In Tune
Let's See Action*
Slip Kid*
Relay
Who Are You
Join Together*
Won't Get Fooled Again*
Song is Over

* One of my very favorite songs.
** #1 of Pete's songs for me. It's on "Who Came First" (one of his earliest solo albums) too.

The boxed set of 6 CDs is 2 CDs of the Lifehouse Demos, 2 CDs of experiments and orchestrations which includes several instrumental versions of some of the songs, and 2 CDs are the Lifehouse radio play from the BBC from 1999.

The book with the set is interesting - 43 pages with an interview with Pete, the complete lyrics to the songs, and the text of the radio play.

Pete's one amazing guy....

Cheers,
Scott.
I.e. I'm gonna find a home on wheels see how it feels Goin Mobile...