IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One other thing to follow up on...
Massively increasing the parameter seems to have lead to thrashing of some sort.

Somewhere between where it is now and where you put it caused it to thrash. Play around with it. A modest increase might help the current problems without getting you into thrash territory.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New That will happen if the heap size is > available memory
We did that to a web server here once. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Did you read the whole thread, carefully?
Particularly [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=148776|this one]?

boxley seems to have ruled that out, else it would have been my first thought.

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Nope, but doesn't invalidate my comment. :-)
It just isn't particularly useful for Bill. ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New playing with slight increments gives mucky mucks heartburn
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Stupid muckers - tell them "This is how it's done, so STFU."
     HALP! Java question MAX_HEAPSIZE=817152000 - (boxley) - (23)
         800M? - (Arkadiy) - (22)
             hpux on 8400's not intel - (boxley) - (21)
                 Not like a stack - (jake123) - (2)
                     we are using bea as is the vendor - (boxley)
                     Yes, I can tell that you have just taken data structures... - (ben_tilly)
                 Java's heap is where all its objects live - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                     300M -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                         A link found - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                             thanks -NT - (boxley)
                             that link seemed to have nailed it - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Google: Instant Expert-in-a-box -NT - (Arkadiy)
                 The heap is the opposite of the stack - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                     more an object repository in memory? -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                         Not quite - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                             the only problem is - (boxley) - (8)
                                 I don't know why it would become borked - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                     All of your guesses are for me to follow up - (boxley) - (6)
                                         One other thing to follow up on... - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                             That will happen if the heap size is > available memory - (admin) - (2)
                                                 Did you read the whole thread, carefully? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                     Nope, but doesn't invalidate my comment. :-) - (admin)
                                             playing with slight increments gives mucky mucks heartburn -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Stupid muckers - tell them "This is how it's done, so STFU." -NT - (CRConrad)

He’s big and he’s in the vomit!
51 ms