IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Geared towards Scheme...
...which is a worthwhile endeavor if you want to learn the fundamentals of programming language design, or are interested in Functional Programming. Dr. Scheme was also developed by the guys at Rice and is a great environment for learning the language.

That said, it's kind of the long way around learning object oriented programming. Scheme is a derivative of lisp and is very flexible. It can support [link|http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/cus/shapes/scheme.html|OO polymorphism] but it's not one of the better OOP languages - CLOS, Smalltalk, or Eiffel are better candidates. Anyhow, the Scheme stuff is fantastic if you've got time to delve into the intricacies of the profession. If your just trying to get a handle on OOP, though, it's kind of a long road.
New Did seem pretty disconnected from *my* "real world"
I see your point about learning to write languages, though. Interesting field, I'm sure, but not one I particularly care to try out.
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
     Anyone got a good crash primer on OO terminology? - (drewk) - (11)
         Re: Anyone got a good crash primer on OO terminology? - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Oh hush -NT - (drewk)
             You stole my sig! -NT - (tablizer)
         A Couple - (ChrisR) - (7)
             Is this one worth going through? - (drewk) - (6)
                 Geared towards Scheme... - (ChrisR) - (1)
                     Did seem pretty disconnected from *my* "real world" - (drewk)
                 I'll be going through it for sure. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                     I was wrong. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                         SICP - (ChrisR)
                         If you want Common Lisp... - (ben_tilly)

4 out of 5 of you would be spending most of your time in night court.
41 ms