1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But he is open to evidence.
That is an admirable trait.

I've learned a lot from this thread.
New Interesting nugget
The booksellers street in Cadiz spain under the Sultan offered a whole street of texts, books in the thousands. The University of Paris had 12 books total at that time.
thanx,
bill
tshirt front "born to die before I get old"
thshirt back "fscked another one didnja?"
New Re: But he is open to evidence - yes

he does - and we could do with more like him :-) Andrew is usually worth reading -

but he does seem to come across as a bit testy about Islam & Muslims :-)

Cheers

Doug
     Pakistani revolution predicted - (bluke) - (29)
         Re: I'm lazy ... - (dmarker2)
         err the general in charge IS an Islamic fundamentalist? -NT - (boxley) - (27)
             Err . . apparently he doesn't go to the right mosque. - (Andrew Grygus) - (26)
                 Can't say that. - (addison) - (24)
                     Did this "Islamic Golden Age" ever extend . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
                         We're on the boundaries of my knowledge. - (addison) - (3)
                             I'm no expert either, but I'd like to put that another way: - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                 But...but.... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Some stuff is so obvious, don't need to be Xpert to know it -NT - (CRConrad)
                         I believe it did - a personal anecdote - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                             Surprised you didn't mention Al'Khwarizmi (~790-850 AD). - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                 Follow the link - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                     Indeed. I should have read more of the link. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                         3 to 1, 2, 1. Probability factor of 1 to 1 - (bepatient) - (2)
                                             ^^ This is irritating ^^ -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                 If there had been enough time... - (bepatient)
                         Re: Addison is making sense - you are not winning this arg - (dmarker2) - (7)
                             But he is open to evidence. - (brettj) - (2)
                                 Interesting nugget - (boxley)
                                 Re: But he is open to evidence - yes - (dmarker2)
                             The point was deliberately inflamitory . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                 This is part of what made this thread interesting. - (brettj) - (1)
                                     Oh yeah? - (Silverlock)
                                 Are you sure - (cwbrenn)
                         Yup, AFAIK, it did. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             So, then, what happened? - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 And when? - (wharris2)
                                 I am no scholar but... - (ben_tilly)
                 In that case, who the fsck CARES what they say?!? - (jb4)

She says, "Hey, I really got to leave!" Dang!
62 ms