IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bush's motto: "The only thing we have is Fear itself."
What amazes me is the reaction. I understand the families and firemen's opposition (no one likes to see family tragedies exploited by Neocon's). But the fact that the meedja is not making great hay with this. When I saw that ad, I thought, "Damn, that's a good ad." Why? Because here's the message I got from that ad:

"Remember that the sitting President was asleep at the wheel. Remember that John O'Neill was instructed to 'back off the Saudis' because of oil interests. If you want more of the same, elect Bush this time."

bcnu,
Mikem

I don't do third world languages. So no, I don't do Java.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt March 5, 2004, 09:43:15 AM EST
New Re: Bush's motto: "The only thing we have is Fear itself."
Remember that the sitting President was asleep at the wheel. Remember that John O'Neill was instructed to 'back off the Saudis' because of oil interests.

Now if the Dems were smart, they wouldn't jump on the bandwagon of criticizing these ads, though they shouldn't leave them untouched. They need only point out a few key facts.

Bush's ads are using images of fire fighters, et al. working at ground zero, yet BushCo continues to underfund programs for our First Responders.

Bush's ads (according to his spokespeople) are meant to remind US how our world has changed since 9/11, how pivotal an event it was. Yet Bush continues to block progress by Kean's 9/11 Commission... a pivotal event for which BushCo seemingly doesn't want to hear the truth.

These two points alone can be made quickly and should be enough to keep Bush stammering every time he gets in front of mic.

thanks
mX.

"I'm man enough to tell you that I can't put my finger on
exactly what my philosophy is now, but I'm flexible."
-- Malcolm X
New Re: Bush's motto: "The only thing we have is Fear itself."
This morning on CNN, two 9/11 widows from the New York area talked about the ads - one was a brassy, classic New Yorker and I liked her immediately :) She said, paraphrasing (fill in the Brooklyn brogue..)

"If Bush wants to release an ad of him hiding on Air Force 1, that would be appropriate. If Bush wants to release an ad of him sitting in a classroom when the second plane hit, that would be appropriate."
-drl
     The new Bush Ads?? - (Nightowl) - (13)
         Go to the source. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             I tried, no dice. - (Nightowl)
             They'll bitch about anything won't they? - (bepatient) - (4)
                 Im confused did the ads say it was bush's fault? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     No silly, they're Bush's ads. - (bepatient) - (2)
                         Will the repo's scream if Kerry uses 9/11 shots? - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yes, and for good reason - (bbronson)
             What's with the blurry keyhole view? - (tuberculosis)
         Salon take - (Ashton) - (3)
             Bush's motto: "The only thing we have is Fear itself." - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Re: Bush's motto: "The only thing we have is Fear itself." - (xtensive) - (1)
                     Re: Bush's motto: "The only thing we have is Fear itself." - (deSitter)
         I like Dave Letterman's take on them - (lincoln)

The Pot Calling the Kettle Dayglo Orange.
75 ms