IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Consider the following
You can get only about 8 years for 1st degree rape, but life w/o possibility of parole for hacking a computer.

Perhaps, the amateur cinematographer should have participated...he might have gotten away with time served.

(wharris2 is right....)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New What jurisidiction?
Because that makes a big difference.

Right now, there's not any hacking laws in my area. There are Federal laws. But the Feds don't have rape statutes.

So its somewhat of a false comparision.

I believe you're citing the "average time served", but I could be wrong, its what I thought I read on rape cases.

So how much time would you have wanted him to serve had he been shooting your family or you?

Addison
New A slight misunderstanding
I'm not saying he got too much (in spite of the way it sounded, in retrospect). I'm saying that I don't know what his "buddies" got (should have been about a year, by my extrapolation).

I'm also saying that the concept of punishment fitting the crime is a sick joke plied upon the naive and innocent. This sot's 6 months could have just as easily been time served if he was politically connected, or 2-5 years if he was an Inuit paintballing a white guy. Or consider that assaulting an Inuit might get you 6 months, while selling that same Inuit some psychotropic white powder would get him 20 years w/o parole.

My remark was to the arbitrariness and capriciousness of our so-called "justice" system; that saying that 6 mos. for this guy was "jsut about right" is a meaningless statement, because there are no standards for comparison.

I was trying to be ironic. Sorry if I missed the mark.
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
     There is Justice - (boxley) - (13)
         the story "implies" - (bconnors) - (9)
             Which punishment? - (addison) - (8)
                 I'd question the sentence - (wharris2) - (7)
                     If its the one I saw, I wouldn't. - (addison) - (5)
                         Disagree, of course. - (wharris2) - (4)
                             Well.. - (addison) - (3)
                                 Consider the following - (jb4) - (2)
                                     What jurisidiction? - (addison) - (1)
                                         A slight misunderstanding - (jb4)
                     BOx linked the story before; the damage was bad enough. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Once more with FEELING - (boxley) - (2)
             I had no problem discerning the 'intent' here - (Ashton)
             Yeah, I was beginning to think that was what it was. -NT - (CRConrad)

I'm glad I didn't have to explain it to you.
104 ms