IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well..
But you, yourself made a qualifier.

And paintball was more accidentally discovered - and even then, that's *with the other people wearing protective gear*.

As you noted - what if they'd put people's eyes out? If someone had had a heart attack and died?

What if they'd done that, would that change things? But they were just lucky taht they didn't.

I don't think 6 months in jail is a disproportionate sentance for anybody who was a participant in that. We sentance getaway drivers as well as the criminals, he got off light, he got the consideration he was entitled to.

So if somebody runs up and paintballs your wife/kids/mother, you think 6 months is way too much for luckily missing their eyes? (Didn't they use *frozen paintballs* or was that someone else?) - in that case, all bets all off, that's a serious weapon, now.

(Manufacturer started making solid paintballs - for practice - and stopped shipping them a week later when they found that they easily penetrated masks and provided enough force to cause a concussion, and they (rightly) worried about deliberate use, or more likely, accidents).

Addison
New Consider the following
You can get only about 8 years for 1st degree rape, but life w/o possibility of parole for hacking a computer.

Perhaps, the amateur cinematographer should have participated...he might have gotten away with time served.

(wharris2 is right....)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New What jurisidiction?
Because that makes a big difference.

Right now, there's not any hacking laws in my area. There are Federal laws. But the Feds don't have rape statutes.

So its somewhat of a false comparision.

I believe you're citing the "average time served", but I could be wrong, its what I thought I read on rape cases.

So how much time would you have wanted him to serve had he been shooting your family or you?

Addison
New A slight misunderstanding
I'm not saying he got too much (in spite of the way it sounded, in retrospect). I'm saying that I don't know what his "buddies" got (should have been about a year, by my extrapolation).

I'm also saying that the concept of punishment fitting the crime is a sick joke plied upon the naive and innocent. This sot's 6 months could have just as easily been time served if he was politically connected, or 2-5 years if he was an Inuit paintballing a white guy. Or consider that assaulting an Inuit might get you 6 months, while selling that same Inuit some psychotropic white powder would get him 20 years w/o parole.

My remark was to the arbitrariness and capriciousness of our so-called "justice" system; that saying that 6 mos. for this guy was "jsut about right" is a meaningless statement, because there are no standards for comparison.

I was trying to be ironic. Sorry if I missed the mark.
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
     There is Justice - (boxley) - (13)
         the story "implies" - (bconnors) - (9)
             Which punishment? - (addison) - (8)
                 I'd question the sentence - (wharris2) - (7)
                     If its the one I saw, I wouldn't. - (addison) - (5)
                         Disagree, of course. - (wharris2) - (4)
                             Well.. - (addison) - (3)
                                 Consider the following - (jb4) - (2)
                                     What jurisidiction? - (addison) - (1)
                                         A slight misunderstanding - (jb4)
                     BOx linked the story before; the damage was bad enough. -NT - (CRConrad)
         Once more with FEELING - (boxley) - (2)
             I had no problem discerning the 'intent' here - (Ashton)
             Yeah, I was beginning to think that was what it was. -NT - (CRConrad)

Now listen closely, for here the plot does twist.
52 ms