As others noted - this seems most likely failure, rather than the TFT matrix, drivers. Might be worth finding out how to field strip to where you can see exact mfg. and model silkscreened on the little inverter card. Each card expects an exact lamp match and lots of effort has been spent to get these juuust-right - particularly for portables. So usually you buy the combo, not just bulbs - the PS is cheap and surface mount = nobody tries to repair that.

I think.. there are only a few (Asian) suppliers - whose latest design is gobbled up by the Big assemblers. Alas, I don't remember hearing an ez method for getting the part -- but it was deemed lots cheaper than ordering from Brand-X reseller (NEC, HP et al).

It is possible to buy just the tiny/long tubes, but a bit messy to physically replace; also likely harder to order bare, at 1 ea. (This stuff is prolly on web)

At 3.00 years - I'm betting your warranty died - which sent the kill signal 1 hr. later via a passing Fatherland Security Home Purity Watchmobile.

Luck,

I.