IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just for the record...
DeSit can handle his own and he continues to Nag Norman because he has compassion, I dont which is why I try to not post in Norman's threads to much.

If he truly had compassion, he would realize it doesn't help Norman.

As for you dear owl, your posts are of the type to drive doc nuts although the rest of us dont mind, let me give you an example...compare that to your post. Your post is accurate, detailed, and rather longish which annoys some, amuses others and bores the rest.

My posts are not any longer than Ashtons, and a whole lot easier to read. I also have not been making many "non-substance fluff" posts, I genuinely wanted info on my car and I got that. Ross had no point to go in there and simply scream.

Now this is the flame forum which I assume is why you and Norman who could pick up the phone and call each other since you attend the same funerals in most cases have decided to shit on desit. Feel free, thats what it is for, but spare us the self guarded righteousness because the connivance is apparent and clearly shows that the water in St. Louis has a high acidic content.

For the record, Norman and I have not talked in person or on the phone in a long time. We are not that close anymore. Not to mention, we never WERE phone people, we didn't yack on the phone much, we went out with a bunch of other people and hung out.

And the only reason it matters to me what influences Ross tries to put on Norman, is because he lives a lot closer to me than he does to Ross, and I wind up dealing with the results when they get nuts. Nuff said.

And I'm not hiding a DAMN thing. I'm pissed as hell at Ross, for calling women roaches, for telling us we have no business being here, for screaming in my car thread, for acting assholy about my husband, and for his general behavior, PERIOD.... No connivance, no pretended self-righteousness. If he can act to me like an Ass and get away with it in here as much as he is doing right now, so the fuck can I.

And only Scott can change that.

Nightowl >8#

Edit: Besides, several good shits deserve good shits in return.

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." Timothy Bentley
Expand Edited by Nightowl Jan. 10, 2004, 10:20:32 PM EST
New No wonder 'other-directed' folk drive selves nutzo so easily
You can't even ignore that which you'd rather not hear - you'd rather {seem to be} Right-eous.

I do so love the Xian "we hate the sin but 'love' the sinner" stuff. Praying for people may be.. what you earnestly do, or not. "Talking about praying" for people is that "wearing religion on one's sleeve" that JC talked about - he was agin it. I read that in the same manual. It was quite as clear as, "judge not lest ye be judged" and all. You are going to explain to Me/Us - whether or not DeS's compassion comes up to Your standards !? Look up the word hubris some time. (And possibly if you looked up hyperbole, you might be able to turn your oversensitivity control down to merely high - and be spared some unnecessary suffering.)

Talking to each other about a 3rd party, while patronizing same with psych analysis - is no more than a public display of your (see above) inability to ignore. And constant need to explain - why you did or did not ignore. And why it's so hard for you - that some folks are the way they are. Or explain why you needn't explain - because You Be So In-Charge, now.

Since you made this a De Sitter Analysis thread - for his Own Good\ufffd, natch:
De Sitter damn well IS irascible, but ya know what? - he's fucking Interesting, and even when he's talkin about his own, say, 'current state', it's from experience and not some pop book-cant du jour [that means, "of today"] -- he's Still Interesting. Sometimes he's even Right, but one needs to allow for style: something you dead-literal folk have a lot of trouble with.

Oh. And - he has a sense of humor. (And.. I don't think he's ever asked Scott for permission. But you may feel free to.)

I hope there weren't any difficult sub-tle words here - else, just ignore them. Good practice. Meanwhile, carrion.

Ashton the Incomprehensible

Old English prayers:

Dear Lord, please protect me from Those who 'Know'.

Lord, please protect me from your followers..

New Where does this concept come from?
Where everyone seems to think I'm "self-righteous" I don't consider myself always right, and I don't consider myself perfect either. I screw up, I sin, I make mistakes. I get mad which is un-Christian, I cuss which is un-Christian, I am a human being and thus fallible.

Talking about praying for people among each other is acceptable. It's done all the time, someone says, "will you pray for me" and the response is, "of course I'll pray for you." I was talking to Norman, and yes, all of you saw it, but so what. You all know that I pray daily, and I've said it more than once about Ross, so no news there, and no boasting either.

Plus, add to that the fact that I only said it in response to Norman's plea that I worry about Ross, not him. I gave it as an example of my concern for Ross, which is genuine, despite whether I "like" him or not.

I don't know what you mean by "so-in-charge" any more then I knew what was meant by "circle-jerk" so maybe you'd care to explain it? And as for the ignore issue, you know it works both ways. At one point Ross told me not to respond to his posts and he would do same, and I did. He is the one who started responding again AND shitting on me in same posts. A person can only take so much before they start defending themselves, Christian, or NOT.

And I'm glad you think DeSitter is interesting, because he makes me ill sometimes with the way he talks about people. At least I don't do that, I try to be fair and civil except when I get really mad.

And I'll have you know that I talk from experience too, not some book or some sermon. I talk from having BEEN there and DONE that, for the most part.

Bottom line, Ashton? I have just as much right to be here as anyone else, and just as much right to be an ASS if I choose, to those who behave as such.

Nightowl >8#

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." Timothy Bentley
New an example you mad cow
here is what your original post "could" have looked like

Information about Holley Carburetors?
I just collected my car from a mechanic who explained that although the Holley Carburetor installed on 1968 Plymouth is not performing to it's proper capacity at this time, that it can be made to.

I recently (about a year or so ago), changed over to a Holley. The car has not run anything like it used to ever since that, and I simply believed it was because my car had not been designed for a Holley.

However, the new mechanic who examined the car informs me that they are very adaptable and can be tailored for any car's needs. My car needs more gas flow, so he suggested a larger accelerator pump and possibly different pump cams, for a start.

The few adjustments that he made on my carburetor so far, have already caused the car to run so much better, and cut the warm up time more by half. Ever since this Holley was installed, "It has run like crap"

So my question to you all is, does this sound like it's really doable, and can a Holley carburetor truly be tailored for my car?
Thanks in advance, my car means a lot to me, so this is important.

Compare that to the original and it still is very wordy, that is your style nothing wrong with that. Like I said some folks dont mind.
Desit hates run ononononononononononononononononononononononon posts and screamed AAAHHGG in the thread, also allowable. But you circle jerking Norm in this thread is obvious and your denial of same is pathetic.
Carrion.
thanx ash,
Bill
same old crap, con artists ripping off fools. Ah, hell, Catholic Church it start off that way. They All do. Jesus probably had three walnut shells one pea, then he's dead and can't be questioned,
Gabriel Dupre

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New I'm not denying anything
I said I was talking to Norman, but I don't know what "circle jerking" means. If it means talking to him about Ross, yes, I was. If it means talking to him on purpose about Ross, yes, I am. But I was replying to his statement that I should worry about Ross, not him. Care to explain "circle jerking?"

If Desitter hates my posts so much, he could either not read them or ignore them, neither of which he seems able to do.

I still see nothing wrong with my initial post about my car, it wasn't that long and it wasn't that complex, and it got the job done and got me the answers I needed.

Nightowl >8#

New Re: "circle jerking?
I mentioned [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=129332|here]. Except it's usually just not mental. It's a guy thing.
Alex

There is nothing that can be said by mathematical symbols and relations which cannot also be said by words. The converse, however, is false. Much that can be and is said by words cannot successfully be put into equations, because it is nonsense. -- Clifford Ambrose Truesdell (1919-2000)
New Sorryyyyyy
I didn't get that statement anymore than I got "circle jerking"

What the heck is "mental masturbation" and how can I be doing it with Norman?

(completely confused owl)

Nightowl >8#

New In asexual terms:
"I'll make you feel good, while you make me feel good about me making you feel good, etc." Round and round.
Alex

There is nothing that can be said by mathematical symbols and relations which cannot also be said by words. The converse, however, is false. Much that can be and is said by words cannot successfully be put into equations, because it is nonsense. -- Clifford Ambrose Truesdell (1919-2000)
New Okay, I get it now
Kinda like boosting each other's morale over and over.

Thanks.

Nightowl >8#

New More like a support circle (new thread)
Created as new thread #134877 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=134877|More like a support circle]

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: I'm not denying anything
My one post on this "topic":

Your posts show a level of overweening self-involvement and absolute self-absorbed, stupid conventionality that they drive me up the wall backwards. All your protestations about your "kindness" and "concern" and "care" are so much bullshit self-deception - your words are dripping with self-centeredness that utterly precludes really caring about anything or anyone other than what is in your immediate region. Norm does the same thing, but he did not always do it, and the drugs and his natural tendency toward self-pity have done him in. I feel like I owe it to him to snap him out of his funk - you, however, are hopeless. Stick to Oprah and Phil and the other gurus of malignent self-love.

Please don't respond. Go find some other Cyber Sisters to whine to.
-drl
New You don't owe me anything
I helped you out of a bad situation before, but I told you I did not want anything in return for it. I just wanted you to start over again and make a better life for yourself. At that time I did not think about myself, my only concern was getting you to a place were you could start over and begin to heal.

Nothing you can do can snap me out of it. It is something I have to overcome by myself. I have tried to snap out of it before, and believe me, I have not been able to. At the most I have been able to stop episodes from happening recently, only through prayer and borrowing stength from God. I have not been able to get rid of my illness.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

Norman, - (Nightowl) - (25)
         Do not worry about me - (orion) - (15)
             Oh I do, too - (Nightowl) - (14)
                 ROLF Circle Jerk in Session!! - (boxley) - (13)
                     Just for the record... - (Nightowl) - (11)
                         No wonder 'other-directed' folk drive selves nutzo so easily - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Where does this concept come from? - (Nightowl)
                         an example you mad cow - (boxley) - (8)
                             I'm not denying anything - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                 Re: "circle jerking? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                     Sorryyyyyy - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                         In asexual terms: - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                             Okay, I get it now - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                 More like a support circle (new thread) - (orion)
                                 Re: I'm not denying anything - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     You don't owe me anything - (orion)
                     Getting back to the flames - (orion)
         Sweet Jesus, they're at it again -NT - (rcareaga) - (8)
             I"m sorry - (Nightowl) - (7)
                 Um, that comment was about you and NORM - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                     Re: Um, that comment was about you and NORM - (Nightowl) - (5)
                         Funny thing that - (orion) - (4)
                             Well, - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                 Take this to email as well -NT - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                     Re: Take this to email as well - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                         It will be moved -NT - (orion)

I am so upset that this clown of a woman figured out my SUPER PLAN TO SCAM MILLIONS FROM THE UNKNOWING BEANIE WORLD!
128 ms