IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Interesting observations.
In the war flick "Longest Day" the authentic German actors speak authentic German. I can understand some of them perfectly - one is "typical" to the American ear (Kurt Juergens) - but there is a Luftwaffe pilot who is 9/10ths incomprehensible. I've never been able to figure this one out. I'm sure it's simply a matter of accent - he speaks *very* fast and in short, clipped syllables - almost like French - so I'm thinking perhaps this is characteristic of the border regions and the lowlands. Dutch has that "run-on" sound as well, but with more gutteral markers.
-drl
New Northern German, prolly
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
     What the FUCK are you gibbering about, you stupid asshole?!? - (CRConrad) - (20)
         Nice - now that's a flame -NT - (deSitter)
         Hey I got your gibber swinging, fuckwad - (boxley) - (18)
             Wow, what a dogfight - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                 Listen, bitch ... - (drewk) - (1)
                     YOU listen, bitch, he's a commie - (deSitter)
             Man, you really don't know shit about either... - (CRConrad) - (14)
                 Let this be a lesson to all... - (bepatient) - (12)
                     Bah! - (CRConrad) - (11)
                         Go ahead...blame me. - (bepatient)
                         come to that... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                             German wins, hands down - mainly, I think... - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                 Re: German wins, hands down - mainly, I think... - (deSitter) - (7)
                                     Interesting observations. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                         Re: Interesting observations. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Northern German, prolly -NT - (jb4)
                                         Berlinerisch to my untrained ear sounds a lot like yiddisch -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Most German dialects do, because Jiddisch... - (CRConrad)
                                     The varied tonalities of German - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Now I have to wonder with what accent Dietrich Fischer - (Ashton)
                 My history and geography is fine - (boxley)

Accountancy is more strict in its rejection of divine intervention than science is.
49 ms