IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What the FUCK are you gibbering about, you stupid asshole?!?
The .sig that Arkadiy was testing was: "It\ufffds possible to build a reasonably prosperous society that invests in its people, doesn\ufffdt invade its neighbors, opposes Israel and stands up to America. (Just look at France.)"

That is, a claim that "it is possible to build a society" that lives up to [certain standards], where the [certain standards] are enumerated as:
  • [is] reasonably prosperous

• invests in its people

• doesn't invade its neighbours

• opposes Israel

• and stands up to America
And then, in parentheses, an example of such a society was given: France.

Newsflash, moron: France != America !!!

How the FUCK can you be so stupid as to think that it's America he's talking about?!?

If you thought
  • "and stands up to America"
was supposed to be about America, then you've finally succeeded in boozing away both of the brain cells you had left.

The .sig was talking about France, and France ONLY -- so the obvious counter to your blithering drivel about "sierra leone" still stands: Sierra Leone is NOT a neighbour of France.

(Not that it is a neighbour of the USA either... But since the USA has fuck-all to do with this in the first place, so neither does that factoid.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
Expand Edited by CRConrad Dec. 16, 2003, 08:14:28 AM EST
New Nice - now that's a flame
-drl
New Hey I got your gibber swinging, fuckwad
{quote]"and stands up to America"{/quote] is a slight invitation (considering the source of the quote) to compare this lofty ideal of republican france as opposed to america. My only point was that America hasnt invaded its neighbors as recently as France has (Vichy) and the whole quote was as a comparison to america. Now go change the kids nappies and take a deep breath at the same time.
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Wow, what a dogfight
Since flame is energy, we're violating the conservation law here: energy out of nothing.

Here is what I think happened:

I: France does not invade its neighbors
Box (Dicounting "neighbors"): How about Sierra Leone?
CRC (Discounting the discount): Too far away
Box ("neighbor" is back in favor): What neighbor did US invade recently?
CRC (what?): France != America
Box (what?): The quote compares lofty ideal of Republican France to America

At about the fourth line, all logic is gone out of the window. Much dogshit slinging issues. Wow.

More on topic: the [link|http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/03/1203/saddam.html|source] is James Lileks. He was comparing Iraq to France. And no, he is not a big fan of either.

P.S. I stand ready for my dose of flammage from both sides. Three... Two... One...

--

"It\ufffds possible to build a reasonably prosperous society that invests in its people, doesn\ufffdt invade its neighbors, opposes Israel and stands up to America. (Just look at France.)"

-- James Lileks
New Listen, bitch ...
Get it? Dog fight ... bitch ... huh huh ...

No, nothing useful.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New YOU listen, bitch, he's a commie
But he's for our communists.
-drl
New Man, you really don't know shit about either...
...history or geography!

The BOx gibbers on:
My only point was that America hasnt invaded its neighbors as recently as France has (Vichy) and the whole quote was as a comparison to america.
For one thing, since "nearness" is a relative concept related to the size of the entities involved -- compare "Australia is pretty close to Asia, but not to Africa" and "That puck was nowhere near the goal, it must have been several yards off" -- something X miles away from America may well be a neighbour to America, while something the same X miles away from France is not a neighbour to France.

In this light, as far as I can see, Sierra Leone is not a neighbour of France... But Panama is a neighbour to America.

Furthermore, even if you (wrongly) don't accept the Panamanian example: Does the word "Grenada" mean anything to you?!? Sheesh!

Heck, even the fucking Bay of Pigs was considerably more recent than "Vichy" (And which of their neighbours did they ever invade, BTW???), you ahistoric lout, you!

What with you being born English, I think you have convincingly showed the dangers for Englishmen in moving to the USA: It makes them stupid.

Now go change the kids nappies and take a deep breath at the same time.
Incidentally, I've noticed that for some reason, when it's my turn to handle it, the load always seems to be bigger and more aromatic... to the degree that I'm beginnning to supect it may actually be the other way around: When the load is bigger and/or more aromatic, it just "happens" to be my turn to handle it! :-)

Resident [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=119792|zIWETHEY pilkunnussija]
New Let this be a lesson to all...
Never...EVER...encourage people to learn the english language by reading usenet newsgroups.

His artistry is unquestionable...but I can't help thinking that some poor slob is in his town asking for directions in English to the response...

"What are you, some fucking lamebrain (fill in the rest yourself)"

Actually...that thought made me giggle.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New Bah!
As if I hadn't mastered your pathetic mess of a language long before Usenet was born!

Well, OK, probably not before it was "BORN"... But LOOOOOONG before *I* discovered it, anyway.

Yeah, that image had *me* chuckling, too... So, you *do* realise, I hope, that when next I get the opportunity, and feel compelled to actually try it out, that will be all *your* fault?

New Go ahead...blame me.
But ferchrissakes make sure you get it on film!

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

It goes in, it must come out.Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]

New come to that...
OK, so it is a pathetic mess of a language (a third of a century ago, during my attempt to take instruction in the German language—an undertaking in the course of which I covered myself not with glory but with the other thing—my professor once observed "Yes, it's a complex grammar, but it's consistent. Not like English, where all the rules have broken down."). As a vehicle for the delivery of abuse, though, how does it stack up against your native tongue? And if we were given here to exchanging insults in German, would yours have the flavor of modern idiom, or the sonorous cadences of Luther?

incautiously,

Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New German wins, hands down - mainly, I think...
...because of all the gutturals; r-sch-ch combinations like in "Arschloch", etc.

Mine would probably sound, well, weird -- not really modern modern, but faaar removed from Luther's idioms: The vocabulary of my father's (and his brothers, my uncles) youth, ca 1950s - 1960s.

New Re: German wins, hands down - mainly, I think...
In school, had an office mate from Berlin and one from Muenchen. Vastly different sound. What all Americans think of as "German" is mainly southern Germany, I take it. The Berlin accent was very nasally and thin.
-drl
New Interesting observations.
De Sitter notes:
In school, had an office mate from Berlin and one from Muenchen. Vastly different sound.
Yup -- but, different how, that depends on what kind of person, exactly, from Berlin it is you're hearing.

What all Americans think of as "German" is mainly southern Germany, I take it.
Yeah, well, that seems logical -- the northern parts are the British (and Soviet) Occupation Zone, the southern American (and French). So that's where US service personnel would expect to be stationed.

The Berlin accent was very nasally and thin.
Then maybe it wasn't "genuine" Berlinerisch but Hochdeutsch or Prussian-Junkerish; the impression I get of "real" Berlin language is... well, akin to London, in a way: Cockney doesn't sound at all as anemic and pussy-wussy as "the Queen's Finest English" either.

New Re: Interesting observations.
In the war flick "Longest Day" the authentic German actors speak authentic German. I can understand some of them perfectly - one is "typical" to the American ear (Kurt Juergens) - but there is a Luftwaffe pilot who is 9/10ths incomprehensible. I've never been able to figure this one out. I'm sure it's simply a matter of accent - he speaks *very* fast and in short, clipped syllables - almost like French - so I'm thinking perhaps this is characteristic of the border regions and the lowlands. Dutch has that "run-on" sound as well, but with more gutteral markers.
-drl
New Northern German, prolly
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New Berlinerisch to my untrained ear sounds a lot like yiddisch
stick a spork in it.

New Most German dialects do, because Jiddisch...
...(or Yiddish, if you will) is basically one of them.

New The varied tonalities of German
I learned German from Norddeutschlanders. I was immediately taken by how soft the language was...almost French-sounding (except, they always talk in the lower registers -- a shrill German you will almost never find!)

Nothing like an up-close-and-personal to shatter some illusions (or hard-won stereotypes)...
jb4
shrub\ufffdbish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating that facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT
New Now I have to wonder with what accent Dietrich Fischer
Dieskau sings - and specifically: lieder.

Because to my ears, that has to be the most mellifluous 'German' I have ever heard (in Germany or recorded).

(Of course too, he may simply adopt Schwabian?? as a singing affectation)

CRC:
Was sagen Sie, zyklische Blockpr\ufffdfung?
New My history and geography is fine
So you define neighbor as something in the same hemisphere? I define neighbor as adjacent territory sometimes separated by water but at least adjacent. Cuba is adjecent but we havnt invaded there since 1912. The Bay of Pigs was why Kennedy got shot because he witheld US support. The ground pounders were civilian, Cuban mostly some adventuristic americans among them. Panama is as far away from the US as Sierra Leone is from france. There is also 5 other countries in between. Grenada is on the other side of Cuba so NOT a neighbor.

As for the Nappies I suggest that you watch what the tyke is being fed, beans and cabbage will get a much better load/aroma ration than rice and potatoes will.
thanx,
bill
stick a spork in it.

What the FUCK are you gibbering about, you stupid asshole?!? - (CRConrad) - (20)
         Nice - now that's a flame -NT - (deSitter)
         Hey I got your gibber swinging, fuckwad - (boxley) - (18)
             Wow, what a dogfight - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                 Listen, bitch ... - (drewk) - (1)
                     YOU listen, bitch, he's a commie - (deSitter)
             Man, you really don't know shit about either... - (CRConrad) - (14)
                 Let this be a lesson to all... - (bepatient) - (12)
                     Bah! - (CRConrad) - (11)
                         Go ahead...blame me. - (bepatient)
                         come to that... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                             German wins, hands down - mainly, I think... - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                 Re: German wins, hands down - mainly, I think... - (deSitter) - (7)
                                     Interesting observations. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                         Re: Interesting observations. - (deSitter) - (1)
                                             Northern German, prolly -NT - (jb4)
                                         Berlinerisch to my untrained ear sounds a lot like yiddisch -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Most German dialects do, because Jiddisch... - (CRConrad)
                                     The varied tonalities of German - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Now I have to wonder with what accent Dietrich Fischer - (Ashton)
                 My history and geography is fine - (boxley)

And they're even healthy for you, because I made them with my milk.
78 ms