IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For the Beatles fans out there...
Two things that are great about having a birthday around Thanksgiving - presents and time to play with them. I got the Beatles Let It Be Naked album and a Tribute to George DVD. Let me start out by saying that listing to I Me Mine and Across the Universe sent chills down my spine.

The concert for George is about as excellent as it could get. It was put together by Clapton and George's son Dhani. It has Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers playing Taxman and I Need You. Jeff Lyne and Petty do Handle me with Care... Played it over and over. Can't recommend anything more highly.

Dan
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Y. Islam - Father and Son
New Re: For the Beatles fans out there...
Still love'm, never gets old. Like Bach and Beethoven and Chopin - it's on that level.

-drl
New Re: For the Beatles fans out there...
The concert for George is about as excellent as it could get. It was put together by Clapton and George's son Dhani. It has Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers playing Taxman and I Need You. Jeff Lyne and Petty do Handle me with Care... Played it over and over. Can't recommend anything more highly.

Is the Concert for George available on CD also, or just DVD? I was sitting here tonight working on some things at the computer, when my favorite radio station started playing the Concert for George. I couldn't hardly leave the room, it was so awesome.

I agree, it's a must have. But I'd prefer a CD.

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
New Absolutely
[link|http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=60620557&loc=1964|http://www.buy.com/r...60620557&loc=1964]
But I would strongly suggest getting the DVD, ripping what you want to CD and having the second DVD disk with rehearsals and all. YMMV.

Dan
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Y. Islam - Father and Son
New BEATLES MARATHON -- kewl!
Thanks for the info on the CD/DVD. John says we don't have a DVD drive on the computer so I can't copy to CD from a DVD, but I'll consider both options.

My radio station is playing a Beatles Marathon, Beatles A-Z and it's so cool! Unfortunately, it's almost over, too... and I was wondering if they would play "Why Don't We Do It In The Road" but they did!

AWESOME!

Nightowl >8#
"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

New Lucked into a bargain!
But I would strongly suggest getting the DVD, ripping what you want to CD and having the second DVD disk with rehearsals and all. YMMV.

I lucked into a bargain, today, Screamer! I was looking for Christmas music in a new/used CD store, and lucked into a USED copy of the Concert For George on CD, for less money than the new Christmas John Denver album I wanted! It was only $13.99 -- AWESOME!

John bought it for me and I'm thrilled! We'll probably rent the DVD sometime to see if we decide we want it, but meantime I'm happy as an Owl-Clam!

Nightowl

For the Beatles fans out there... - (screamer) - (5)
         Re: For the Beatles fans out there... - (deSitter)
         Re: For the Beatles fans out there... - (Nightowl) - (3)
             Absolutely - (screamer) - (2)
                 BEATLES MARATHON -- kewl! - (Nightowl)
                 Lucked into a bargain! - (Nightowl)

Very small hands... and NO Vaseline.
38 ms