IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Flew my first solo cross country this morning
Waukesha to Manitowoc, WI; 69 nm. Absolutely gorgeous day for it. Sunny, very few clouds, surface winds less than 10 kts. My parents were waiting at Manitowoc for me. I would have flown this a few weeks ago, but I had a few kinks to work out with my landings (taildraggers can be so finicky!), and I had several lessons weathered out.

One word: waycool!

Brian Bronson
New Congrats!!!
New Wow...way cool
But, Brian, you missed my car!
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New Did not; you only think it was left by a seagull ;-)
New Pretty cool
I think mine was from Socorro to Grants New Mexico.

Big fun.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
New Nice - any butterflies?
-drl
New I knew we were kinda flighty types here, but
it's even better in an airplane.

Nice going, Mr. P.I.C.
You now need a Smilin Jack cap!

Ashton
New Cool,
How about a ride sometime? I'm only a couple hundred miles away.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Wanna ride in airplanes?
You're in Champaign - right?

Keep an eye on [link|http://www.freefall.com|http://www.freefall.com] for next year's schedule and lineup of airplanes. In past years they've had Ford trimotors, balloons, a constellation, a B-24, and even a 727. Its pretty near to you I think. I went a few years ago and jumped the jet. Quite a rush.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
New You betcha.
I've only ever been on commercial planes. Mosty large, some small. I got some family in Chicago that it would be fun to visit.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New Well done!
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Cross country? That's not even cross state! :)
Just kidding! Congratulations!
Alex

"Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves." -- Eric Hoffer
New This is funny, actually.
When you're a student you have to fly at least 50 nautical miles for it to count towards your "5 hours of cross country experience". But once you've gotten your ticket, merely landing at a different airport than you took off from is logged as "cross country". When the kids aren't in school, I occasionally fly from C62 to SMD to go to work (roughly a 20 nm trip - 8 minutes flying beats hell out of 45 minutes driving). But that time, according to the regs, is to be logged as "cross country" time.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Thanks; that's same reaction I get from non-pilots here
I tell them I'm flying a cross country and they think here to California. Oh well, so the name isn't perfectly descriptive...

Brian Bronson
     Flew my first solo cross country this morning - (bbronson) - (13)
         Congrats!!! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Wow...way cool - (jb4) - (1)
             Did not; you only think it was left by a seagull ;-) -NT - (bbronson)
         Pretty cool - (tuberculosis)
         Nice - any butterflies? -NT - (deSitter)
         I knew we were kinda flighty types here, but - (Ashton)
         Cool, - (Silverlock) - (2)
             Wanna ride in airplanes? - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 You betcha. - (Silverlock)
         Well done! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Cross country? That's not even cross state! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             This is funny, actually. - (mmoffitt)
             Thanks; that's same reaction I get from non-pilots here - (bbronson)

No, it's too perilous.
73 ms