IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Multitasking
I've seen Dr. Phil - the receptionist at my last job always put him on in the lobby - he's as big a monster as Oprah. His message is - whatever your instincts are are wrong - follow the collective! Be like everyone else, a selfish, stupid, insipid asshole! He's despicable, almost as bad as Rush.
-drl
I've seen Dr. Phil - the receptionist at my last job always put him on in the lobby - he's as big a monster as Oprah. His message is - whatever your instincts are are wrong - follow the collective! Be like everyone else, a selfish, stupid, insipid asshole! He's despicable, almost as bad as Rush.

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and you're certainly entitled to feel about him however you like.

I know for a fact that I do NOT EVER follow the crowd or conform to the "collective" so I know he does not influence me in that manner. I revel in being unique and different.

He just gives good, hard advice sometimes that works for me.

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

Comment by Nightowl {O,O}
It's NOT "good advice" - he plays on your guilt to make you behave the way HE thinks is right. And if you think he is cool, then I guarantee you that you are just like the rest of his people - brainwashed.

There is still hope - pay attention next time - he's a devil with a silver tongue. He prays on people who lack confidence or are plagued with guilt. An emotional parasite. I wouldn't even shake his limp-wristed hand.
-drl
New Views on Dr. Phil ( was Re: Multitasking)
It's NOT "good advice" - he plays on your guilt to make you behave the way HE thinks is right. And if you think he is cool, then I guarantee you that you are just like the rest of his people - brainwashed.

First of all, I stopped letting guilt manipulate me some time ago, except in a few rare exceptions, or cases where I'm actually guilty. I'm not brainwashed, and I didn't say he was cool either. I said sometimes he gives good advice. When he gave advice on dealing with grief, it was some of the best advice I received on that issue.

The last person who brainwashed me was my ex-fiance, he convinced me that I would never deserve better than him, and could never be even good enough for him. Fortunately, I woke up... and realized he was full of bull. I haven't let anyone brainwash me since, and don't intend to start with Dr. Phil. I never said everything he said was good, or everything he said was helpful. I believe in listening to information and taking from it what is good and helpful and ignoring what isn't, in all mediums.

There is still hope - pay attention next time - he's a devil with a silver tongue. He prays on people who lack confidence or are plagued with guilt. An emotional parasite. I wouldn't even shake his limp-wristed hand.

Only the devil is the devil. People can do work of the devil, but I haven't seen Dr. Phil do that... now there are some others I can't say that about.

The people who go to him go by choice, and he helps them tremendously, so I've seen, because they manage to go away and fix things and he revisits them later and they are better.

As I stated before, you don't have to like him, and I don't like everything about him, but each is entitled to their own opinion, and I respect that you have yours. But please don't tell me what's going on with me, "i.e. you're being brainwashed,", because trust me, you don't know enough about me to know that.

And I'm most certainly not "his people." The only people I am is one of God's people, a Christian, and one of American's people, I suppose, but I'm not "his people" as in Dr. Phil's people.... sorry, I'm not THAT fascinated by the man by a long shot. :)

Nightowl >8#

"The difference between being immature and child-like is that one is what you are, and one is what you choose to be."

New Re: Views on Dr. Phil ( was Re: Multitasking)
It's my moral duty to oppose Dr. Phil and Commander "Men are Pigs" Oprah and to intervene on behalf of their female brainwashing victims, in the good name of Men everywhere. I've done my duty.
-drl
New Yabut.. might's well tilt at --
massive bloviating on every imaginable topic: a pastime not peculiar to Murican meeja - merely honed, shellacked
[you Can polish a turd, if you shellac it first]
and Perfected on Murican meeja as -steady diet- while, nowhere else in the world comes at all close to 99%.

(Though the -still a minority- Brit-slime appears to be every bit as toxic, with the added capability of using language well, in pursuit of the tawdry and specious).

I mean..

Where. Does. One. Begin. in a sea of offal?

Ashton
I see screaming neurons..
each afraid that it shall never be heeded by Mind Central - in one lifetime.
New Re: Yabut.. might's well tilt at --
Ah, I take it you don't like Dr. Phil either, huh Ashton? ;)

Nightowl >8#

New Dr. Phil
I don't understand how Dr. Phil can be mean-spirited at the people we is supposed to help and still have a show. It just turns me off of his show. I didn't like him on Opera either, he must have had blackmail material to be on her show or something.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: Dr. Phil
Well, I always saw him as a kind of reality check. Kinda like my friend Jan, hehehe. I call her when I want the straight facts and no pussy footing around, and that's what I think I like most about Dr. Phil. He's straight to the point, whether it be mean spirited or not, some people just call it tough love talk, or straight talk.

Nightowl >8#

New Well I don't like it
it is more important to be nice, he could find nice ways of saying things but he does not. Makes him a big a**hole in my opinion.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: Dr. Phil
Anyone who takes advantage of people who are laid low by guilt and lack of confidence is a right absolute bastard. I'm an excellent judge of (male) character, if nothing else.

Like Springer, he parades these pathetic people in front of the world, for the tittilation of bored housewives - but not only does he fuck with the people who are willing to submit to his "treatment", be undermines countless households by planting imaginary bugs in the ears of susceptible homebound women, all for ratings.

Three things you can be certain of - cameras don't belong in courtrooms, church does not belong in public school, and head shrinkers don't belong on afternoon TV where helpless, ego-crushed women can be further undermined by them.

-drl
     Learned something about CNN tonight - (Nightowl) - (35)
         ... and life with cable TV can be even worse! ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Re: ... and life with cable TV can be even worse! ;-) - (Nightowl)
         ? ? - (deSitter) - (31)
             In the city maybe - (orion) - (2)
                 Re: In the city maybe - (Nightowl) - (1)
                     DSL is always on - (orion)
             It's more than cost? ? - (Nightowl)
             Kill your television - (tuberculosis) - (22)
                 Re: Kill your television - (Nightowl)
                 the Sovs had it all wrong - (rcareaga) - (2)
                     Shocking, I say *shocking!* - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Payoff? Where the hell have *you* been? - (drewk)
                 Ditto: the Simon Rodia Towers, in Watts. BUT - (Ashton) - (1)
                     I know where the local bar is - (tuberculosis)
                 Multitasking - (deSitter) - (15)
                     Re: Multitasking - (Nightowl) - (13)
                         Re: Multitasking - (deSitter) - (12)
                             Re: Multitasking - (Nightowl) - (11)
                                 Re: Multitasking - (deSitter) - (10)
                                     Re: Multitasking - (Nightowl) - (9)
                                         Re: Multitasking - (deSitter) - (8)
                                             Views on Dr. Phil ( was Re: Multitasking) - (Nightowl) - (7)
                                                 Re: Views on Dr. Phil ( was Re: Multitasking) - (deSitter) - (6)
                                                     Yabut.. might's well tilt at -- - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                         Re: Yabut.. might's well tilt at -- - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                             Dr. Phil - (orion) - (3)
                                                                 Re: Dr. Phil - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                     Well I don't like it - (orion)
                                                                 Re: Dr. Phil - (deSitter)
                     OT: did you watch both rocket showS - (lincoln)
             Cable is how much?!? - (jb4) - (3)
                 Re: Cable is how much?!? - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     Yabut - (jb4) - (1)
                         Interesting point of comparison - (inthane-chan)
         Re: Learned something about CNN tonight - (qstephens)

Any more than we can resent a dog licking its own testicles.
128 ms