IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some finer points in Court of Appeals ruling.
Collateral damage to MSFT.

[link|http://www.zdnet.com/eweek/stories/general/0,11011,2783293,00.html|Peter Coffee eWeek piece]

The Intel/AMD part was news to me.
Alex
New I remember that one; surprised the court noticed *well*
(And WTF is the ^%#^@ HTML ploy which prevents hi-liting characters for quoting? Which droid unleashed That one?)

Here's a Deusy:

It would be inimical to the purpose of the Sherman Act to allow monopolists.. to squash nascent, albeit unproven, competitors at will.. particularly in industries marked by rapid technological advance and frequent paradigm shifts.

!! Paradigm shifts reaches the judiciary !! Who Got It, too.

Well.. if he really did read all 39K words - maybe I can too. Sometime. Bet:

As the new stuff gets filtered in for consideration too: Passport, .NET, Hail Storm, Media-player, Smart-ass Tags, SDK - "no OS tools" yada - they want to settle but more - they want to delay = on to USSC.

May they rot in Hell in my lifetime,

A.
New Re: I remember that one; surprised the court noticed *well*
(And WTF is the ^%#^@ HTML ploy which prevents hi-liting characters for quoting? Which droid unleashed That one?)

Select the part you want, then do whatever you do to copy, and see if it pastes.

Often I find its the color selection, so you can't see exactly what you're selecting, but you can still cut and paste.

Addison
New Thanks for the blind copy tip
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
New Thanks, will try elsewhere: NG on Coffey's stuff though :[
New I have to wonder...
... what Michel Merlin thinks of all this, since IIRC he was convinced that Microsoft did poorly in the trial only because Jackson had it out for them. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson
New I am sure he would feel vindicated and would point out that
the USSC has not made a final ruling on the case.
thanx,
bill
can I have my ones and zeros back?
New Vindicated in one fashion only
Since the Appellate court, for the most part, agreed with Jackson.

IOW, Merlin can't use Jackson as a convenient scapegoat for the guilty ruling any longer.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Don't kid yourselves...
...he can't read and comprehend legaleze...he would (is probably) have taken the USSC remand as a pure victory for Microsoft.

Then we'd have to spend the next 3 months suffering through USA Today articles showing why he's right.

He just doesn't get it.
Um...er...well...

I have no choice!

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Loved this line
In language reminiscent of the District Court's colorful comments, the appellate opinion compared Microsoft's argument to "the proposition that use of one's personal property, such as a baseball bat, cannot give rise to tort liability."

Love that line, make perfectly clear just how absurd Microsofts legal defense was.

Jay
     Some finer points in Court of Appeals ruling. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
         I remember that one; surprised the court noticed *well* - (Ashton) - (3)
             Re: I remember that one; surprised the court noticed *well* - (addison) - (2)
                 Thanks for the blind copy tip -NT - (drewk)
                 Thanks, will try elsewhere: NG on Coffey's stuff though :[ -NT - (Ashton)
         I have to wonder... - (admin) - (3)
             I am sure he would feel vindicated and would point out that - (boxley) - (2)
                 Vindicated in one fashion only - (admin) - (1)
                     Don't kid yourselves... - (bepatient)
         Loved this line - (JayMehaffey)

Of course I may like it partly because I agree with it...
106 ms