IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Funny thing about the cars
I've been following the GM [link|http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/adv_tech/400_fcv/index.html|Hy-wire].

One interesting factoid - should GM succeed with the radical reinvention of the automobile, there will be a huge drop in auto manufacturing jobs as the vehicle itself is less complex with dramatically smaller part counts.

I do agree that one of the best things we could do is begin reinvesting our dollars at home in manufacturing and R&D. The last couple generations of mis-managers have been raping the future in their quest for quarterly "improvements". We are eating our seed corn.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
Collapse Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:42:51 PM EDT
Funny thing about the cars
I've been following the GM [link|http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/adv_tech/400_fcv/index.html|Hy-wire].

One interesting factoid - should GM succeed with the radical reinvention of the automobile, there will be a huge drop in auto manufacturing jobs as the vehicle itself is less complex with dramatically smaller part counts.

I do agree that one of the best things we could do is begin reinvesting our dollars at home in manufacturing and R&D. The last couple generations of mis-managers have been raping the future in their quest for quarterly "improvements". We are eating our seed corn.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
     The next time Republicans start whining - (lincoln) - (18)
         This is all about... - (bepatient) - (15)
             Re: This is all about... - (deSitter) - (13)
                 That doesn't forgive the Dems... - (bepatient) - (12)
                     Re: That doesn't forgive the Dems... - (deSitter) - (7)
                         Bing bing bing - (bepatient) - (5)
                             Funny thing about the cars - (tuberculosis)
                             Please. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Its not productivty... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     Sorry, thought "invest in productivity tools" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         My bad... - (bepatient)
                         Beg to differ. - (mmoffitt)
                     Bill, its simply the Law of Karma - (jb4) - (2)
                         Actually, it's a bang-bang controller - (hnick) - (1)
                             Nicely Done! -NT - (jb4)
                     Re: That doesn't forgive the Dems... - (lincoln)
             The would be Dick Durban - (jb4)
         168 - 4 Sign... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Sure... - (jb4)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
67 ms