IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That doesn't forgive the Dems...
...for their procedures. They are definitely not in the right on their methodology of selection.

Instead of looking at credentials, they are attempting to determine the way Judges will rule. They are not judging on credibility.

It is worsening the situation that the Republican control in the senate started during the Clinton administration, instead of trying to mend it.

Another fine example of everybody inside the beltway being guilty of what you only see on one side...but regardless. At least the guy in IL gets it.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: That doesn't forgive the Dems...
The pressing issues are the trade deficit and the exporting of jobs/ruination of the middle class, about which nobody is saying a word.
-drl
New Bing bing bing
However I don't agree that the trade deficit is the worry. Its what has caused the trade deficit...whcih you have a portion of noted (loss of jobs).

How can we convince New York and American workers that to compete we have to invest in durable capital and productivity tools. America needs to rebuild its manufacturing base.

The principle areas of growth the trade deficit?? Cars, auto parts and engines, capital goods, food products and industrial supplies and materials. All of these things we >used< to be able to make better than anyone else on the planet.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Funny thing about the cars
I've been following the GM [link|http://www.gm.com/company/gmability/adv_tech/400_fcv/index.html|Hy-wire].

One interesting factoid - should GM succeed with the radical reinvention of the automobile, there will be a huge drop in auto manufacturing jobs as the vehicle itself is less complex with dramatically smaller part counts.

I do agree that one of the best things we could do is begin reinvesting our dollars at home in manufacturing and R&D. The last couple generations of mis-managers have been raping the future in their quest for quarterly "improvements". We are eating our seed corn.

"I believe that many of the systems we build today in Java would be better built in Smalltalk and Gemstone."

-- Martin Fowler, JAOO 2003
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 12:42:51 PM EDT
New Please.
we have to invest in durable capital and productivity tools.

Have you looked at the productivity gains in the last 20 years? Please. One Murican worker today equals at least 1.5 Murican workers of only 10 years ago. The problem is that all of the gains in productivity have been funneled up to the 1 per cent. Most workers have not, all propaganda aside, benefited from the almost unbelievable productivity gains of the past two decades.
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New Its not productivty...
...its the ability to produce in >volume< enough durable materials that people in the other parts of the world want to buy...TVs, cars, home appliances...all the things people used to buy from us that they now buy from southeast asia and Europe.

New Sorry, thought "invest in productivity tools"
meant you needed more productivity. :-D
bcnu,
Mikem

Java, Junk. Both start with a "J", both have four letters. Coincidence? I think not.
New My bad...
...should have said productive assets. Its what I meant.

New Beg to differ.
Dean, at least, is giving lip service to the vanishing middle class. Of course, he is a clinician, which in my book puts him beneath contempt.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Bill, its simply the Law of Karma
What goes around comes around. The Dems didn't start it, but the damn well might finish it....
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New Actually, it's a bang-bang controller
Nothing much in the way of PID elements, just 100% reaction when one boundary is hit, 100% reaction when the other boundary is hit. Not much design, but common in cheap systems.
Doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.
New Nicely Done!
jb4
"There are two ways for you to have lower Prescription-drug costs. One is you could hire Rush Limbaugh's housekeeper ... or you can elect me President."
John Kerry
New Re: That doesn't forgive the Dems...

Instead of looking at credentials, they are attempting to determine the way Judges will rule. They are not judging on credibility.

And the Republicans aren't???
lincoln

"Windows XP has so many holes in its security that any reasonable user will conclude it was designed by the same German officer who created the prison compound in "Hogan's Heroes." - Andy Ihnatko, Chicago Sun-Times
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/resume.htm|VB/SQL resume]
[link|http://users3.ev1.net/~bconnors/tandem_resume.htm|Tandem resume]
[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
     The next time Republicans start whining - (lincoln) - (18)
         This is all about... - (bepatient) - (15)
             Re: This is all about... - (deSitter) - (13)
                 That doesn't forgive the Dems... - (bepatient) - (12)
                     Re: That doesn't forgive the Dems... - (deSitter) - (7)
                         Bing bing bing - (bepatient) - (5)
                             Funny thing about the cars - (tuberculosis)
                             Please. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Its not productivty... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                     Sorry, thought "invest in productivity tools" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         My bad... - (bepatient)
                         Beg to differ. - (mmoffitt)
                     Bill, its simply the Law of Karma - (jb4) - (2)
                         Actually, it's a bang-bang controller - (hnick) - (1)
                             Nicely Done! -NT - (jb4)
                     Re: That doesn't forgive the Dems... - (lincoln)
             The would be Dick Durban - (jb4)
         168 - 4 Sign... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
             Sure... - (jb4)

Where did you *think* lerpadisms come from?
201 ms