IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Washington Post: Possible 3rd case, Virginia
Had contacts with other two men:

[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28277-2001Oct8.html|[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28277-2001Oct8.html|http://www.washingt...001Oct8.html]]
Second Anthrax Case Found in Fla.
Victim's Co-Worker Infected; FBI Launches Massive Probe As Va. Monitors a Third Man

By Rick Weiss
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, October 9, 2001; Page A01

A co-worker of a Florida man who died on Friday from a rare form of anthrax has tested positive for infection with the anthrax bacterium, a discovery that has triggered a massive FBI investigation into how the two highly unusual events could have occurred in such close proximity.

In Virginia, officials said last night that they were monitoring a possible case of anthrax in a Northern Virginia man whose job may have brought him into contact with the company where the other two men worked.

State and local officials said the Prince William County man entered the emergency room of Prince William Hospital in Manassas yesterday complaining of flu-like symptoms. Medical personnel on the scene responded quickly by performing tests to determine whether he had anthrax, meningitis or another disease, officials said.

Officials of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were also on the scene and monitored the preliminary investigation. A germ culture from the man was transported last night by a State Police trooper from Prince William County to a state government laboratory in Richmond, officials said.

"The state government was notified and we are following our established procedures," said M. Boyd Marcus Jr., chief of staff for Virginia Gov. James S. Gilmore III (R). "We cannot confirm at this point whether he has developed anthrax or not."

In other news, there's been another "ben-laden" post to cypherpunks, claiming that the newspaper attacks aren't in his name, but that they "have other messengers and our tidings will soon be delivered".

Again, I've no idea if the cpunks posts are legit or someone's sick joke.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New forwarded cypunks to feebs, prolly already had it
What is a user? You mean userid isnt the same as uid?, gid? whats that? I dont understand "ask the requestor to send a non formal email request for ftp access? whaddya mean dean?
Halp Iam drowning in Bovine Fecal Matter!!!!
Bill
New I'd submitted 1st, not second
Figure that tips site is overwhelming capacity to process. Be interesting to know what's back-ending it. Associative relationships are crucial.
--
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
New Heard on AM this morning:
VA case probably not Anthrax.

Fla. cases probably not terrorism, but probably *are* criminal in nature.

Intern at tabloid sent "odd" email at the beginning of September, saying he had left a surprise they could remember him by.

Still scares the shit out of me.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New "Criminal in nature"? Yeah, I guess it's probably illegal...
...to fuck sheep, in most jurisdictions.
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Wrong orifice.
You'd have to blow them. It was the inhaled version of anthrax. ;-)
Regards,

-scott anderson
     Anthrax update - (boxley) - (16)
         As the Onion would say: - (admin) - (1)
             Re: Ditto from here Bill - take care - (dmarker2)
         Meep! - (Yendor) - (1)
             Will not let fear rule my life - (boxley)
         Washington Post: Possible 3rd case, Virginia - (kmself) - (5)
             forwarded cypunks to feebs, prolly already had it -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 I'd submitted 1st, not second - (kmself)
             Heard on AM this morning: - (admin) - (2)
                 "Criminal in nature"? Yeah, I guess it's probably illegal... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Wrong orifice. - (admin)
         Letter bomb anthrax? - (tablizer)
         Why anthrax? - (wharris2) - (3)
             Re: Why anthrax? - (admin)
             Smallpox - (kmself) - (1)
                 As to vaccinations - a counter argument.. - (Ashton)
         Virginia: not. NYC librarian, Positive, per NY Post - (kmself)

I enjoy this motorcade and will recommend it to my niece.
78 ms