IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Aaargh. Not the Yankees again. :-(
It was a very close game that could have gone either way. Both teams made mistakes. But the Sox really should have won it. :-(

If only the first baseman had thrown the ball to Pedro rather than falling. If only Nixon hadn't misjudged that fly ball. If only Little had taken Pedro out a little earlier - of course Little is already getting all the blame....

Aargh. :-(

[link|http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=globe&page=mlb/scores/final/finallog.aspx?GAMEID=8861|Game Log].

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Aaargh. Not the Yankees again. :-(
Derek Jeter makes more money than the entire Marlins team.

I'm sort of glad it's the Yankees - I didn't want to pick between my beloved Sox (though I didn't much like this team of BHFs) and the scrappy, play-for-fun Marlins. Now I can really get behind the Marlins.
-drl
Now I can really get behind the Marlins.

YEAH!! GO FISHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
Now I can really get behind the Marlins.

Me too! And they won!!!!

MARLIN FISHIES The World Series last night! WHOO HOO!! And what a fitting end, the pitcher who pitched the shut out, catching the last out to end it all!

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New You're all just envious.
Seriously, I haven't followed boringball for quite a few years. As a kid I was a big Tigers fan (McClain, Lolich, McAuliffe, Cash, Kaline, Horton, Freehan, Northrup, Trammel, Brinkman, Rodriguez, Stanley). Then in college I became a Yankees fan (Catfish, Goose, Reggie, Nettles, Lou, Joe, etc.).

My favorite uncle is a HUGE BoSox fan and I'd have probably pulled for them were it not for their ass-wipe prima dona on the mound. Anybody who could pull for a team with that shit-ass Pedro on it cannot suffer enough.
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Re: You're all just envious.
Pedro was/(is?) my favorite pitcher - but that shit he pulled on Saturday was sort of an "original sin", which was expiated yesterday. He's not the same pitcher he was in the late 90s. Doesn't have the same pop on the ball. He'll have to adjust with more "stuff" to survive.

I love the guy because he's a twig with the heart of a grizzly bear.

Clemens, now - I've never forgiven him for going mercenary.
-drl
New Clemens
Well, he wanted a World Series. Don't blame him. History shows he made the right decision. He's a great competitor and does a phenomenal amount of training. Put in a couple good years here in the Big Smoke to boot...
lister
New Hoorayy! Not that I'm a Yankee's fan, but
I abhore what baseball has turned in to. It's about the most god-awful uncompetitive sport out there. I hope the Yankees sweep. I hope the Yankees win the next 10 world series by sweeping each one. I hope the low-salary teams get killed every season. That'll drive ratings down even further; it'll kill revenue. Then maybe those clowns running the show will figure out that it needs to be fixed.

Baseball needs a salary cap and revenue sharing; just like the NFL. They haven't yet figured out that in order for there to be a league, there have to be other teams. Even those 'damn Yankees' need teams to play against. If they don't fix baseball, there won't be any other teams. Baseball will become even more boring if it's just the Yankees vs. [some billionaire-bought-one-time-team] every year.

When it's fixed, I'll become a fan again, and I would like to. Until then, fuck 'em; go Yankees and any other $200 million+ payroll teams; drive the sport into the toilet.

Brian Bronson
     Aaargh. Not the Yankees again. :-( - (Another Scott) - (7)
         Re: Aaargh. Not the Yankees again. :-( - (deSitter) - (2)
             Re: Aaargh. Not the Yankees again. :-( - (Nightowl)
             Re: Aaargh. Not the Yankees again. :-( - (Nightowl)
         You're all just envious. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Re: You're all just envious. - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Clemens - (lister)
         Hoorayy! Not that I'm a Yankee's fan, but - (bbronson)

You left them alone in a room with a penguin?! Mr. Gates, your men are already dead.
41 ms