IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: pinged his answering machine so at least the phone...
Well I found his phone number, but I hate to call anyone this early...

What do you think I should do? I don't usually call people I don't know before 12 noon and I'll be in class then.

Nightowl >8#
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New Do you all think 10 am is too early to call him?
Hey there, it's 10:11 a.m. St. Louis time, do you think that's too early to try and call him? The latest I could try is around 11:00.

What should I do? Someone? Anyone?

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Give it a shot. I usually call after 10
New Re: Give it a shot. I usually call after 10
Okay, I called and left him a message and my phone number. I won't be back here till after 3 though, so I'll let you know if I hear anything then.

I told him to get on and post if he could or call me back if he couldn't. Maybe if he IS in the hospital he's checking messages.

I would check a hospital if someone could give me a concept of the closest one to him, (Somewhere near the landing, I think), but I have to do that later, cause I do have his real name, so I could see if he is in a hospital.

Later guys, sorry I did all I could for now.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Trying to check hospitals
I called Barnes but he isn't there. I'm trying to figure out what other hospitals are downtown... Norm, do you know?

(Perusing the phone book)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New No reply to an e-mail sent yesterday
I expect that the phone numbers I had (if I can find them), from events quite a while back - are likely useless. Possibly there can be some correlation between his phone # and: which local ambulance would respond to that location. Will City help on at least that one? (it doesn't violate anyone's privacy, as it is a general question about organization)

Ashton
New Re: No reply to an e-mail sent yesterday
I checked St. Louis U. Hospital also but nothing.

I expect that the phone numbers I had (if I can find them), from events quite a while back - are likely useless. Possibly there can be some correlation between his phone # and: which local ambulance would respond to that location. Will City help on at least that one? (it doesn't violate anyone's privacy, as it is a general question about organization)

I have his phone number, I called, but I have no address. I would have no clue where to send anyone. And should we go that far Ashton? What should we do?

I wouldn't know how to find out what ambulance would serve the area... maybe we should let the police know? Could they match the number to an address? And help me out, are you thinking that maybe he's unconscious or hurt at home and needs help? Is that what everyone is worrying about?

Darn, I wish I knew something else to do.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 22, 2003, 05:27:26 PM EDT
New Tried something else ( was Re: Trying to check hospitals)
Okay, I called the County police and asked about how to go about this. They said that I could call downtown and they could do a "check on welfare" run, in other words, go by there and see if he's ok.

However, I don't have his address, so I couldn't give that to the downtown police. They are seeing if they can match the phone number...

I would do a reverse lookup on the net, but I don't really know much about it. John is the one who does all that. Can anyone talk me through it?

Nightowl >8#

P.S. Hoping that if there is nothing badly wrong, he won't get mad at me for trying to help...

Comment by Nightowl
New Re: Tried something else
Hit a dead end...

The phone number I have led the police to a name that isn't him. :(

I don't know what else to do. Sorry.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New It's a fine line always between helping and meddling.
Since I know neither his present phone nor addy, and I'm 2K miles West, I can't do a lot. Orion may know addy where he last was working - a trip there, under the circumstances might yield a current address: at least.. for "the ears of" the same social services you already tried. (Maybe you could drive Orion, since he's at least seen DRL live, and may have visited that location.)

(I thought that Orion once had his father's addy - unless he's filed it under some M$ ap, of course.)

I don't believe it is meddling, given his reports of the extent of pain and the illness - merely trying to establish that He Doesn't Need (Our) Help.

Kind of you to pitch in, Owl, given that you haven't even met; if there are others on this board who have the Right phone #, other numbers - seems as if now would be a good time to Say Something. "slugb-" and I handled a bit of legerdemain from Out Here, last time - Over to --> Others, Closer.

Ashton
New What I know
I drove him to a hotel that was a temporary situation until he could get on his feet. He never told me his current address. He used to work at a credit card company, but lost that job. Last I knew he was working for an auto parts place, but lost that job too. Last resume I got from him only had his Hotmail account on it, no phone or address.

See if he calls any of you who left a message on his machine back.

I just hope he isn't in pain in his apartment and nobody can get to him because nobody knows he is in pain and cannot even reach the phone. Maybe the Landlord/Landlady can check on him? That is if we knew the address and could contact the Landlord/Landlady.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: It's a fine line always between helping and meddling.
Since I know neither his present phone nor addy, and I'm 2K miles West, I can't do a lot. Orion may know addy where he last was working - a trip there, under the circumstances might yield a current address: at least.. for "the ears of" the same social services you already tried. (Maybe you could drive Orion, since he's at least seen DRL live, and may have visited that location.)

Well, I have the phone number of where he last worked. I don't drive well in the city, but I can call them tomorrow and ask if they will give me the address. Barring that, I can ask them if they would call the City Police (I'd give them the number) and ask them to have the police check on him.
(I thought that Orion once had his father's addy - unless he's filed it under some M$ ap, of course.)

I don't believe it is meddling, given his reports of the extent of pain and the illness - merely trying to establish that He Doesn't Need (Our) Help.

Okay, well I did some more, John helped me for the last hour or so, we searched the internet, and we tracked down some of his relatives, whom I called, but not even they know where he is or how to find him... I also found two more hospitals to call, but they aren't answering right now.

I also found the place where his article is going to be published, and wrote that info down, so maybe if all else fails, they would know his address also.

Kind of you to pitch in, Owl, given that you haven't even met; if there are others on this board who have the Right phone #, other numbers - seems as if now would be a good time to Say Something. "slugb-" and I handled a bit of legerdemain from Out Here, last time - Over to --> Others, Closer.

No problem, I'm a nice person and I care about people. I don't mind helping, and it's something I'm really good at (hunting down information). IF ANYONE has any more info that might help me, please email it to me at lightspeedowl@yahoo.com

Meanwhile, I'll call the former employer tomorrow and the other two hospitals, maybe their patient info shuts down at a certain time. I'm stil trying, I have not given up. :)

Nightowl >8#

P.S. And I'm praying for him too, that can't hurt.

Comment by Nightowl
New Desitter's father
I had it, filed it under my Hotmail account. My Hotmail account went inactive and Microsoft deleted the info. D'oh!

Didn't file it under Outlook for some reason. Never got around to it. Now I wish I'd had.

"Lady I only speak two languages, English and Bad English!" - Corbin Dallas "The Fifth Element"

New Re: Desitter's father
The relative I spoke to said that his father died. She said nothing about his mother. She said he has a sister but didn't know her maiden name.

I have learned that you can't locate someone based on prefix and area they live in, (ambulance service issue), so that's a dead end. I have a friend who works with/for the Fire Dept. They suggested looking up the Dept. Of Revenue info.

Trying that next.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Downtown hospitals
Barnes, SLU, St. Mary's, Deconess (It may not be called that anymore), not sure of the others.

Chances are his insurance company may have moved him to a different hospital. He said his insurance company has a bunch of jerks in it.

New Re: Downtown hospitals
Thanks Norman,

I also found Alexis and Southpointe, but they aren't answering. I'll give Deaconess and St. Mary's a shot.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New I FOUND HIM!!!!
He's in Alexis Hospital downtown, I just spoke to him. Here's what he told me:

I had a stupid freak accident and banged my leg, and I've been on blood thinners a long time, so I didn't think anything about it. Anyway, started hemmorraging and they found I had a hemmorrage in my right leg, and it got really bad to the point where I shouldn't have even been conscious. But I'm here and as soon as the swelling goes down, I'll be back when I'm back. Thanks for all the concern and for thinking about me."

Ross.

Posted by Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Great
I hope he gets better soon. Glad to hear he's (relatively) ok.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Good to know! Thanks, Brenda!
Alex

"Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something." -- last words of Pancho Villa (1877-1923)
New Re: Good to know! Thanks, Brenda!
You're welcome, glad to help.

I need to clarify something, the person that told me his father was dead might not have been a real relative, but he didn't explain that really well, so I'll let him clear it up if he needs to. :)

I'm glad he's safe and being cared for, which was the main concern. :)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Well Done, Owl
..since after all, Orion IS a Nebula, thus fuzzy about WhatsWrongWith? actually storing something useful on {ugh} Hotmail - we all know that Owls are experts on

Whoo? WHoo?

(and ya did it all without a Where-wolf)
New Re: Well Done, Owl
..since after all, Orion IS a Nebula, thus fuzzy about WhatsWrongWith? actually storing something useful on {ugh} Hotmail - we all know that Owls are experts on

Whoo? WHoo?

Thanks, research is really my thing, and that was really all it was, a lot of research and following leads till I got somewhere. :)

(and ya did it all without a Where-wolf)

Yep, all by my little feathered self--- with a tiny bit of help from my friend in the Fire Dept. :)

Thanks Ashton. :)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New thank you dear lady
I could drive to his haunts but would have no way to describe how to get there except its close to an appetizing bridge I have earmarked for living under during my dotage.
thanx,
bill
"You're just like me streak. You never left the free-fire zone.You think aspirins and meetings and cold showers are going to clean out your head. What you want is God's permission to paint the trees with the bad guys. That wont happen big mon." Clete
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: thank you dear lady
Well considering there are several old bridges down there, I wouldn't have had a clue which one. :)

Hehee, you're welcome, Boxley.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Thankyou
New Tell him we're praying for him
also that I lost his contact info for his father, should he still be alive. I even tried the password he gave me for his Hotmail account, but it no longer works. He only gave it to me to use in case of an emergancy.

He can send the info when he gets out of the hospital to ngking at sbcglobal.net and I can file it on my hard drive. That is if he wants to. Not my Hotmail account, I don't want to lose it again.

I'm glad that you found him. I hope he gets better.

New Re: Tell him we're praying for him
I think I mentioned that I was praying for him and we were all concerned. :) If I talk to him again, I will, but I don't plan to call him again unless he isn't back by next week. If you want to call him at the hospital, Orion, let me know and I'll send you the number and room number. :)

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said
but maybe he'll want to hear from me with nothing else to do in the hospital but chase down nurses. :)

New Re: Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said
Okay, I'll email you the phone number and room number :)

Brenda

Comment by Nightowl
New Thanks

New Bring him a copy of the latest "Physical Review" (physics)
New Thanks.
--

One Buffalo Bill
And one Biffalo Buff
New Thank you.
New Pass on my best wishes please
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Re: Pass on my best wishes please
I will if I call him back. He hopes to be home in a couple days, as soon as the swelling goes down. :) Hopefully when I told him "Everyone is worried about you on Iwethey" that included everyone for him. :)

If anyone wants to call him at the hospital, email me and I'll send you the number.

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New And your email address is...?
You can find mine as ben_tilly at the operamail.com domain.

Thanks,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Re: And your email address is...?
I posted it earlier in the thread, sorry.

lightspeedowl@yahoo.com

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Thanks for finding him. I'm glad he's getting treated.
New Re: Thanks for finding him. I'm glad he's getting treated.
Broomberg wrote:>>Thankyou<<

Arkadiy wrote:>>Thanks<<

Inthane-chan wrote>>Thank you.<<

& Another Scott wrote:>>Thanks for finding him. I'm glad he's getting treated.<<

(I hope I didn't leave anyone else out.)

A collective "You're Welcome" to all of you. :) I was just being true to my Owl nature, really, if there was any chance he was lying on the floor in need of help, I was determined to find him. :)

Here's hoping that he's back here with us really soon!

Nightowl >8#

Comment by Nightowl
New Whew!
Good news!
jb4
Boy I'd like to see those words on a PR banner behind [Treasury Secretary John] Snow at the podium:
Jobs and Growth: Just Wait.

John J. Andrew, unemployed programmer; see jobforjohn.com
     Unremitting Pain - (deSitter) - (75)
         Sounds like fun - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Yabut... - (admin)
         Good luck, and let us know if we can help in anyway. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         I don't know what I can do but pray for you. - (orion)
         I'm going to hope that - (Ashton)
         Stop putting up with it - (broomberg)
         Where are you? - (broomberg) - (45)
             Someone please call him - (orion)
             Seconded: You Folks with phone numbers -?- <<< - (Ashton) - (43)
                 I don't have his address - (orion) - (1)
                     Re: I don't have his address - (Nightowl)
                 pinged his answering machine so at least the phone is still - (boxley) - (40)
                     Re: pinged his answering machine so at least the phone... - (Nightowl) - (39)
                         Do you all think 10 am is too early to call him? - (Nightowl) - (38)
                             Give it a shot. I usually call after 10 -NT - (hnick) - (37)
                                 Re: Give it a shot. I usually call after 10 - (Nightowl) - (36)
                                     Trying to check hospitals - (Nightowl) - (35)
                                         No reply to an e-mail sent yesterday - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Re: No reply to an e-mail sent yesterday - (Nightowl)
                                         Tried something else ( was Re: Trying to check hospitals) - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                             Re: Tried something else - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                 It's a fine line always between helping and meddling. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                     What I know - (orion)
                                                     Re: It's a fine line always between helping and meddling. - (Nightowl)
                                                     Desitter's father - (orion) - (1)
                                                         Re: Desitter's father - (Nightowl)
                                         Downtown hospitals - (orion) - (25)
                                             Re: Downtown hospitals - (Nightowl) - (24)
                                                 I FOUND HIM!!!! - (Nightowl) - (23)
                                                     Great - (admin)
                                                     Good to know! Thanks, Brenda! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                         Re: Good to know! Thanks, Brenda! - (Nightowl)
                                                     Well Done, Owl - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         Re: Well Done, Owl - (Nightowl)
                                                     thank you dear lady - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Re: thank you dear lady - (Nightowl)
                                                     Thankyou -NT - (broomberg)
                                                     Tell him we're praying for him - (orion) - (5)
                                                         Re: Tell him we're praying for him - (Nightowl) - (4)
                                                             Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said - (orion) - (3)
                                                                 Re: Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                     Thanks -NT - (orion)
                                                                 Bring him a copy of the latest "Physical Review" (physics) -NT - (Ashton)
                                                     Thanks. -NT - (Arkadiy)
                                                     Thank you. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                                     Pass on my best wishes please -NT - (ben_tilly) - (3)
                                                         Re: Pass on my best wishes please - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                                             And your email address is...? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                 Re: And your email address is...? - (Nightowl)
                                                     Thanks for finding him. I'm glad he's getting treated. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Re: Thanks for finding him. I'm glad he's getting treated. - (Nightowl)
                                                     Whew! - (jb4)
         Anyone have an update on Ross? - (Nightowl) - (20)
             I tried to call him yesterday - (orion) - (1)
                 Re: I tried to call him yesterday - (Nightowl)
             I called him yesterday - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                 Re: I called him yesterday - (Nightowl)
                 Mmm, beer - (deSitter) - (15)
                     Re: Mmm, beer - (Nightowl)
                     Glad to see you're out of the hospital! - (admin)
                     Cheers... - (bepatient)
                     Glad you're out. Sleep well! -NT - (Another Scott)
                     *Gurgle* - (Silverlock)
                     Welcome back and take care of youself - (kmself)
                     stuffed with morphine - (boxley)
                     Indeed, welcome back! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     good to see you back! -NT - (slugbug)
                     Ditto the welcome back - (jbrabeck)
                     Beer - the cause of, and anwser to, all life's problems... - (imric)
                     Slurp! - (GBert)
                     Tippin a bottle toward the east. - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                         Somewhat better today - (deSitter)
                     NOW I get what that "glad you're feeling better" comment... (new thread) - (CRConrad)
         Dammit Ross... - (jb4) - (1)
             Accident prone - (orion)

WHEW! That was some seriously strong sh... *KNOCK KNOCK* sorry, I'll get back to that thought in a moment...
142 ms