IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Man, if we could only look to the north...
we could see that some things are possible. The problem with this is (although most US'ers feel Canada and the US are really one entity separated by ones propensity to handle cold climate), because of your brethren to the east who refuse to stop talking that crazy surrender monkey language - we can't pay attention to the rest of your country on many issues other than SCTV (the greatest comedy series ever) and other entertainment/entertainers and fishing.

I thank you for trying to give hope. In all seriousness, I have small children who I hope will grow up with a decent standard of living and a peaceful time period in history. I haven't given up all hope, which is why I'm still bitching and pointing out the problem.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Y. Islam - Father and Son
New Insouciance about that word "debt" appears now to be
deeply engrained in our ersatz-culture. I suppose I could dig for the usual #s re average CC-holders' running balances {at rates in the %20s}.

I know of university educated folks, some maybe only 5 years younger than I who thus, can add.. behaving no more sententiously about instant gratification than the 13 yo with a stolen CC at the Mall.

Naturally I'm biased, coming from a Gen whose parents lived the depression and survived (well, one of them) WW-II. I've never taken out a car loan, and have paid off CCs sfter using their convenience for the month - except for periodic intentional "min pays" to put a glitch into their stats on my habits.

(Real Estate loans never count - house buying in US has been a subsidized commodity almost forever - though even That is far less certain a tax-break now in '03, if one is anticipating a Reckoning occurring sooner rather than that fantasy of never.)

Hardly anything need be said about the stark hypocrisy of all the pols, and about the resemblance to the Ostrich of most Muricans - as expressed by Jake IIRC, "Tax & spend VS Borrow & spend" pretty well limns the shell game of premeditated langage murder.

Yup... Nobody wants to look at Crazy Aunt Maude.. still. ergo -

Nobody for President!
Nobody Can! bring rationality to a Murican Dreamstate policy.
Nobody Will speak honestly about the idiocy that is now epidemic.
(Nobody saves!) too..

(Nobody for Congress too - She Can Do It All!)

Ashton
     10 reasons why Bush won't get elected. - (Silverlock) - (16)
         You keep telling yourself that. - (bepatient) - (6)
             Right. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 He might be more correct than you think.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     Not quite... - (bepatient)
             s/the Dems/the USA/ - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 But our stones will be better than all others! -NT - (jbrabeck)
                 New phrase in Ontario - (jake123)
         Quit it!!!!!!!!!! - (screamer) - (7)
             Of course it increased... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                 Yep... But that's why this is so offensive. - (screamer) - (5)
                     Probably Not.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         Absolutely agreed - (screamer) - (3)
                             It can be done - (jake123) - (2)
                                 Man, if we could only look to the north... - (screamer) - (1)
                                     Insouciance about that word "debt" appears now to be - (Ashton)
         the winnah is? no taxes paid by anyone >$50K - (boxley)

Sine qua non.
68 ms