IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Right.
With any kind of responsible press examination of Bush's "results", all the Dems would need to put up is a living body.
-----------------------------------------
It is much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why?
Because it is easier to give someone the finger than it is to give them a helping hand.
Mike Royko
New He might be more correct than you think....
although, before I read this article, I wouldn't have thought so.

I\ufffdve read this wartime script before: It\ufffds the one Richard Nixon and the boys used to obliterate George McGovern in 1972. Nixon took the relative high road, touting his secret peace plan to end the Vietnam War, while his henchmen, led by Vice President Spiro Agnew, portrayed (not without some justification) the Democrats as a party that had been invaded by a new generation of hippy peaceniks who loved nothing more than \ufffdamnesty, abortion and acid.\ufffd As a result, Nixon won re-election by a landslide in the midst of an unpopular war \ufffd through, interestingly, the Republicans didn\ufffdt gain an inch in Congress.

THE WHITE HOUSE PLAN

White House insiders I\ufffdve talked to in recent days say, in sum, the following: that they plan to sell the president to the country based on what they see as his strength of character, his leaderly resolve and his sense of moral clarity \ufffd a man\ufffds man, in other words. Critics who suggest another way in Iraq, one insider told me, tend to favor \ufffdnegotiations and embargoes. If they want to pursue a pacifist approach,\ufffd he said, \ufffdwell, that\ufffds a debate we are prepared to have.\ufffd

In other words, that is the debate they want to have. And by the way: Administration types and their Republican allies really do believe that critics of the war are dangerous.
[link|http://www.msnbc.com/news/964417.asp?0cv=CB20| MSNBC ]

Democrats - need a front runner who is unquestionably a patriot (Clark is assured a running-mate position if he wants one).

And they need to craft their political arguments carefully. Arguing whether or not we should've gone into Iraq is pointless - we're already there. Arguing whether or not our President has stretched our military too thin is not.

PS: Read Bepatient's post carefully : one possible interpretation (which may or may not be what he intended) - which I think you'll agree with:
    Democrats have already won this election - it's up to them if they lose it at this point.
Expand Edited by Simon_Jester Sept. 11, 2003, 06:18:08 AM EDT
New Not quite...
...but is is certainly winnable...dunno if I'd say yet that its theirs to give away...but its close.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     10 reasons why Bush won't get elected. - (Silverlock) - (16)
         You keep telling yourself that. - (bepatient) - (6)
             Right. - (Silverlock) - (2)
                 He might be more correct than you think.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                     Not quite... - (bepatient)
             s/the Dems/the USA/ - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 But our stones will be better than all others! -NT - (jbrabeck)
                 New phrase in Ontario - (jake123)
         Quit it!!!!!!!!!! - (screamer) - (7)
             Of course it increased... - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                 Yep... But that's why this is so offensive. - (screamer) - (5)
                     Probably Not.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         Absolutely agreed - (screamer) - (3)
                             It can be done - (jake123) - (2)
                                 Man, if we could only look to the north... - (screamer) - (1)
                                     Insouciance about that word "debt" appears now to be - (Ashton)
         the winnah is? no taxes paid by anyone >$50K - (boxley)

Six harpies are singin' on the lee!
117 ms