IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something to consider...
the history of public education in this country begins with

[link|http://personal.pitnet.net/primarysources/deluder.html|http://personal.pitn...rces/deluder.html]

The subjugation of the mythos for the ethos came about predominately post WWII with the "hidden agenda" of creating an "informed electorate" capable of functioning in a democratic society.

Ashton (perhaps frothing at this point and waiting to pounce)...

informed electorate? Natch... F+

Funny how some things are even more hilarious when the history is considered.

The "separation of church and state" came about as a result of the founders of this country coming from feudal Europe where the church was the state. These pilgrims all had competing agendas of "whose God was bigger" and didn't want the state to sanction any "one" church. Atheism was not a problem as they still banished or killed folks like that. Big distinction.

Back to the matters at hand in 2003... Does anyone in this country think that there is a lack of places for worship? Such a critical lack that we need to put religious icons in public places? Flip side of the coin... Do I really care if someone puts a big rock up in a park or a courthouse if it is not paid for by me - the taxpayer? Probably not... Much ado about nothing.

The real problem with these events is when they start getting legs - the big mo (as in momentum). If we let them put the big rock in the park, then they'll want to put it on street signs and eventually in my backyard. Etc... Not worth the risk.

If we go after tobacco companies for not taking responsibility for our own actions, it won't be long before we will go after fast food restaurants and motorcycle manufacturers. We take no personal responsibillity for our own actions - we want the state to step in - why shouldn't we expect them to provide our morality for us too? Why should we expect it won't be more of the same?

Give me that old time religion, give me that old time religion...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not.

Y. Islam - Father and Son
New Huh? wouldn't change a word, smartass.. :-\ufffd
     A question - (lincoln) - (10)
         Hell, yes. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Appropos, perhaps. - (Another Scott)
         Interesting question - (GBert) - (2)
             Something to consider... - (screamer) - (1)
                 Huh? wouldn't change a word, smartass.. :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
         If I could take this sideways a little... - (static) - (4)
             I think.. you just neatly summarized - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Another way to put it: - (static)
             Re: If I could take this sideways a little... - (deSitter) - (1)
                 I remember a song by Steve Taylor. - (static)

I do have to wonder why you would keep a live snake in your coat in Saskatoon in December.
37 ms