IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have heard that elsewhere, too
I recall vividly the portrayals of 'Russkis', just shy of.. the WW-II caricatures of the "buck-toothed Japs". Want a War?
first dehumanize the enemy; then it's OK to Kill Them like bugs.
And it's odd for Muricans to ponder that, quite many of the USSR folks of those days.. received a wider more competent education than our vaunted version (with so much history rewritten about Presidents who 'cannot tell a lie'. ;-)

A grand illustration of the actual social effects, and across many decades!
of 'HomeLand Security', wherever practised. It's simply surreal that This Still Works, as only a near-complete ignorance of history would permit.

And in '02,3 here - that daily drumbeat, simple-minded execrable propaganda which We All heard in the lying lies of liars - re Saddam's IMMINENT THREAT to Kansas City, mom, apple-pie yada yada. Yup - still works.

(And if Saddam's utter ugliness were Just Cause for an invasion in '03, what then about All those Other antiparagons of injustice -- whom we supported for so long - including er Saddam hisself?) {sigh}

Don't Ask. (umm didn't Ari say Just That? about 9/12/01 or so)

I figure that, any time the color of the leather seats in one's Urban Assault Vehicle is a much larger personal concern than say, planning an invasion on another State?

That particular culture demonstrates clearly, It's Fucked.
So what else is new? There's no way to 'parse' any of this - I wonder what that 'means'?

Ashton
just watchin the dismantling process, izzall
(Finished reading Hunter S. Thompson's latest opus, Kingdom of Fear - maybe the last of the 'Fear and Loathing' series -- unless we can do More of the same..)

A bit of a ramble, but with some pointed examples of what 'Fucked' might mean, as regards a 'society' -- as usual with HST.

OK - back to the daily drill, children:

"Duck and Cover, Duck and Cover" (under your desk)
New Quite a nice rant, thanks! ;-)
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
     WTC transcripts - (Nightowl) - (29)
         Here's a few excerpts. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: Here's a few excerpts. - (Nightowl)
         Re: WTC transcripts - (Nightowl)
         I'll pass - (Silverlock) - (16)
             Re: I'll pass - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 I don't think you understand at all - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Re: I don't think you understand at all - (Nightowl)
             Ditto. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (boxley) - (8)
                 Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (Nightowl) - (7)
                     Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (livinghistory) - (2)
                         Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (deSitter)
                         Its pathetic that you ascribe motives - (boxley)
                     History is intrinsically morbid - (kmself) - (3)
                         Re: History is intrinsically morbid - (Nightowl)
                         No problem with predators I cannot reach - (boxley) - (1)
                             Will gladly sidekick -NT - (deSitter)
             Me too.. - (hnick)
             I won't - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Re: I'll pass - (Nightowl)
         After spending the weekend... - (bepatient) - (8)
             Re: After spending the weekend... - (Nightowl) - (7)
                 Re: After spending the weekend... - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Re: After spending the weekend... - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         A worthy aim - - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Re: A worthy aim - - (Nightowl)
                     Aside. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Have heard that elsewhere, too - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Quite a nice rant, thanks! ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)

The natural irony quotient of the Universe asserting itself in everyday life.
111 ms