IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest
to historians and researchers trying to determine how the buildings fell to see what if anything can be done to strengthen the structures, It will inevitabily be used by some ratbag rag head tee-heeing over his buns at an eastern tea party some where for rude entertainment. Keep limited access like birth, death records.
thanx,
Bill
America, Love it or give it back
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest
to historians and researchers trying to determine how the buildings fell to see what if anything can be done to strengthen the structures, It will inevitabily be used by some ratbag rag head tee-heeing over his buns at an eastern tea party some where for rude entertainment. Keep limited access like birth, death records.

You hit the nail on the head, Boxley. I'm a historical researcher, or at least that was my goal when I was trying for a degree. I'm very very interested in how things fell, and how things happened, in a technical and historical context. I don't expect anyone to understand it, but it's the same reason I studied the concentration camps in WWII in intense detail as well.

I don't disagree it's morbid, but to a person intensely interested in history, it's much more than that.

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
It seems unfortunate that only historians (and those interested in history) are able to recognize the valuable lessons that can be learned and taught from the WTC transcripts. Beyond the obvious fears and desperations of those who made frantic calls to authorities and/or loved ones, the tapes, that several have referred to as "morbid" or "ghoulish," offer tangible proof of heroism.

It's pathetic that our society is more than willing to receive and "glorify" the voices of terrorists (i.e., our continued fascination with tapes and documents generated by Usama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein) but refuses to humanize or honor the victims of terrorism.
Some of the officers could not bring themselves to write of their experiences, 2 years later.

One story that emerged from the transcripts needed to be told - the PA employees who needlessly waited on the 64th floor of WTC 1, only joining the evacuation when it was too late to exit the building.

Giuliani said it best - we NEED to relive this tragedy periodically, to motivate us to prevent it from happening again.
-drl
New Its pathetic that you ascribe motives
best belonging to the strap on a bomb mentality and do not think of others. Let the historians/folklorists review and publish their findings, that I will gladly read. Having stood at the site, any reading of the raw data would only fuel a rage that is best left banked at the moment.
thanx,
bill
New History is intrinsically morbid

Most of the participants are dead, and many of the interesting stories deal with how they got that way.

--\r\n
Karsten M. Self [link|mailto:kmself@ix.netcom.com|kmself@ix.netcom.com]\r\n
[link|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/|http://kmself.home.netcom.com/]\r\n
What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?\r\n
[link|http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/|TWikIWETHEY] -- an experiment in collective intelligence. Stupidity. Whatever.\r\n
\r\n
   Keep software free.     Oppose the CBDTPA.     Kill S.2048 dead.\r\n[link|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html|http://www.eff.org/alerts/20020322_eff_cbdtpa_alert.html]\r\n
New Re: History is intrinsically morbid

Most of the participants are dead, and many of the interesting stories deal with how they got that way.

Very good observation, Karsten. :) And so true.

Nightowl >8#

"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!" "illegitimi nil carborundum"

Comment by Nightowl
New No problem with predators I cannot reach
I enjoy reading about such. Have spent a large part of my life engaging in such research but someone I could gladly reach out and personally make them into a good muslim? I have to remember I have children and a wife to support or I would be tracking THAT particular piece of trash to his last resting ground. It is hard to sit and do nothing when given the will (which I have) but not the means to go hunting. Perhaps a win at the lottery and a change in my domestic situation and I would be where the action is.
"Mr osama sir"
"pardon moi"
votre liberte con expire, command evous"
non.
permise,
bang!!!!
I actually think he is in yemen, saudi arabia or las vegas depending on how much cash he has.
thanx.
bill
New Will gladly sidekick
-drl
     WTC transcripts - (Nightowl) - (29)
         Here's a few excerpts. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: Here's a few excerpts. - (Nightowl)
         Re: WTC transcripts - (Nightowl)
         I'll pass - (Silverlock) - (16)
             Re: I'll pass - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 I don't think you understand at all - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     Re: I don't think you understand at all - (Nightowl)
             Ditto. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (boxley) - (8)
                 Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (Nightowl) - (7)
                     Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (livinghistory) - (2)
                         Re: Pass also, while the transcripts might be of interest - (deSitter)
                         Its pathetic that you ascribe motives - (boxley)
                     History is intrinsically morbid - (kmself) - (3)
                         Re: History is intrinsically morbid - (Nightowl)
                         No problem with predators I cannot reach - (boxley) - (1)
                             Will gladly sidekick -NT - (deSitter)
             Me too.. - (hnick)
             I won't - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Re: I'll pass - (Nightowl)
         After spending the weekend... - (bepatient) - (8)
             Re: After spending the weekend... - (Nightowl) - (7)
                 Re: After spending the weekend... - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Re: After spending the weekend... - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         A worthy aim - - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Re: A worthy aim - - (Nightowl)
                     Aside. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Have heard that elsewhere, too - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Quite a nice rant, thanks! ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Laugh it up, fuzzball.
67 ms