IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bingo - now runs on all WinXX versions !!!
The Patch2x fix did the trick.

I had to determine that we had FPW2.50 and not 2.5a or 2.5b - once that was known the advice is to apply a series of fixes to go to 2.5a & 2.5b if needed as these must be applied before Patch2x. We decided we didn't need 2.5a or 2.5b so applied the patch to module FPW2500.ESL and then started the app & away it ran.

The software in question cost our company $US10,000 in 1998 & it seems the source code may no longer be available. So *not* getting this software running on current Windows devices (we run it on Tablet PCs) was going to cost us dearly.

Am very pleased we got this solved.
Thanks for providing the impetus to pursue the FoxPro Patch

Cheers

Doug Marker

(It seems that the error may be just an Intel & Intel hardware clone timing problem because the software ran without any errors on my 733Mhz Transmeta Notebook - it emulates the Intel instruction set & I was wondering if they had discovered som timing bug in Intel that they were able to fix ???)
Expand Edited by dmarker Aug. 26, 2003, 11:31:34 PM EDT
New Glad I could help :)
--
Chris Altmann
New Re: Glad I could help :)
Chris, please feel free to share the kudos, If you hadn't posted that item there is an excellent chance I would have had to move on to other work & would not have solved it.

The chief engineer was cock-a-hoop when I explained at 11am that my 9am email to him & his manager, saying it wouldn't work had been overturned due to some assistance from friends in the US.

Moments like this make Iwethey the gem it should always be.

Cheers

Doug
     Need help !!! - am trying to run an older Win95 app on XP - (dmarker) - (8)
         WinXP all versions are NT kernel based. - (inthane-chan)
         Check also CPU type and speed . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         How about this? - (altmann) - (5)
             Re: How about this? - good find but, - (dmarker)
             Re: How about this? - I read it deeper & found the file - (dmarker)
             Bingo - now runs on all WinXX versions !!! - (dmarker) - (2)
                 Glad I could help :) -NT - (altmann) - (1)
                     Re: Glad I could help :) - (dmarker)

I never trusted P.E. teachers, I'll tell you that.
86 ms