IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Where do weird-ass LRPDisms come from, and WTF do they mean?
I was thinking, I'm sure there are others besides me who'd like to know what the heck some of these phraselets are gibbering about, so why not invite everyone to a thread of speculations and explanations...

Since it's my idea, i guess I'll go first... Here's the one I've been wondering about: "My other car got stolen by Ashton." What's that all about -- was it an "Ashton-Martin", or WTF?

(OTOH, just to show how what's utterly weird to one person can be a model of clarity to another: "Non-migratory, just like cocopabanana blaps" makes perfect sense to me. Scary, isn't it? :-)
   Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything
New Hmmm, let me try to remember...
As I recall, Ashton had been making some jokes about someone's car. I can't remember the particulars. Based on his remarks, the "My other car got stolen by Ashton" was a natural comment to make (much like the cococabanana blaps comments arose from your fried banana conversation).

Sorry I can't remember more, but rest assured, it made sense at the time. :-P
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Ain't irony grand
Christian R. Conrad

The Man Who Knows Fucking Everything

Except, apparently, where the lerpadisms come from.

(PS: Current lerpadism -- Freud would have wanted it this way.)
We have to fight the terrorists as if there were no rules and preserve our open society as if there were no terrorists. -- [link|http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/05/opinion/BIO-FRIEDMAN.html|Thomas Friedman]
New Irony can be...pretty ironic sometimes.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Fine idea, CRC
I'm happy to admit there are many of them I simply don't get. But then there are some I do which put me in Smug Mode. (Like "Oranges are ok, grapefruit FORBIDDEN!". Umm, it is from lileks.com, right?)

I'll have to start writing down all the ones I go 'WTF?' about and tally them up. Erm, this could turn into a kind of LRPD purity test :)
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New Yeah, that's where it's from.
Unfortunately for me, this is a test I'll probably fail. :-)
Regards,

-scott anderson
New I needed the banana one explained to me.
But then, I've suggested others, too.

Which reminds me: there's one about "No sprinkles!" What's that about? I know it was a real early one, FWIW.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New I believe that one is from II.
And no sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I will KILL you!

There's no telling where many of the II emotes came from. Some of them are just plain daft.
Regards,

-scott anderson
New Ah. II. Yes, of course.
And I thought daft-ness was basically the point of the LRPDisms...?

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New No se\ufffdor - esta de aqui.
Recall even a [ugh] recipe, possibly written by the v. same member who is said to Know Fucking Everything, y'know?

IIRC the er 'textural description' of this affront to the very concept of gastronomy included several familiar adjectives commonly applied to things that are noted for being deposited in.. steaming piles.

(Perhaps if eaten in a darkened room, after one's preprandial treatment with certain powdery substances - hell, it might even be edible. If ya didn't get sick makin it, that is)

[/food review]

Folks who Review Restaurants without actually Eating There
Subsidiary of, The M$ Unbiased in-House Review of New Products.
New I am shocked.. Shocked! *SHOCKED* to discover
that the blessings-besotted LRPD \ufffd would violate the sanctity of the Professional Confessional. This betrayal of the DOC (DirectOracleConnection) process has caused me to reconsider my application for the next session of the,

LRPD \ufffd Terrorism for just plain Goodness Conference and Road Race

Revealing a supplicant's source of extra income for munitions-for-Peace.. is not the sort of behaviour one expects from One's GodHead. I shall prey that She will turn over a new cocopabanana blap, and restore this humble supplicant to His former (forgot the laser filter)-blind faith.

..for while The Tibetan Book of the Dead advises that one aim away from the smoky red
light leading to reincarnation as a bizness droid... WTF! I ain't no Tibetan Dead, I'm a Murican Dead
New Aaaaaaa, put a sock in it, Zadoc.
*ZOT*

Bet you wish you'd written a few more congresscritters about that "privacy schmivacy" stuff, eh?
Regards,

-scott anderson
New ..still parking that car in front, are we?
     Where do weird-ass LRPDisms come from, and WTF do they mean? - (CRConrad) - (12)
         Hmmm, let me try to remember... - (admin)
         Ain't irony grand - (drewk) - (1)
             Irony can be...pretty ironic sometimes. -NT - (bepatient)
         Fine idea, CRC - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Yeah, that's where it's from. - (admin)
         I needed the banana one explained to me. - (static) - (3)
             I believe that one is from II. - (admin) - (2)
                 Ah. II. Yes, of course. - (static)
                 No se\ufffdor - esta de aqui. - (Ashton)
         I am shocked.. Shocked! *SHOCKED* to discover - (Ashton) - (2)
             Aaaaaaa, put a sock in it, Zadoc. - (admin) - (1)
                 ..still parking that car in front, are we? -NT - (Ashton)

Collect all the sets!
51 ms