something is sure to come your way if you pursue it. Some jobs only want natural citizens, the problem is the competition so you have to be at the top of your game. A friend of mine and former business partner got an IT job when over 400 people applied for it. It is support, fixing systems, building systems, ordering parts, sending back damaged parts, etc but he got the job.

It wouldn't hurt to buy a lottery ticket just in case every once in a while. My wife and I are doing that. At least it makes us feel better that we could win and our financial woes would be over. Just $1 or $2 with each gas fill-up does that.

Government jobs are almost always going to US Citizens, someone they can trust to get a security clearance. If you got a clean record, I suggest you try looking there. Once you get in to a government job, you are almost set for life.

Healthcare jobs in the IT field are also mostly US Citizens. Try applying at the local hospitals.

$100,000USD in debt is a lot, but I've seen more. That is almost as much as a house costs in a good neighborhood. Like a house payment it may take you 15 to 30 years to pay it off.

I got friends who haven't had IT work in over 3 years, and they do side consultng work to make ends meet. Try to work out short-term consulting contracts with consulting companies for one day jobs or more. Sort of like being a temporary worker.

If your wife has a hobby and can make things, see if you can sell any of them. She can do this at home while watching the kid(s), nnd the kid(s) can help too. Knitting, bead making, earrings, or even magnets can generate at least some income. Get a table at a Flea Market or Craft Fair and see how well you do. I myself have a talent for pottery, but I don't have a Kiln or Wheel to work with. I discovered this talent when I was in a hospital as a teenager and they had it for therapy. I used to make ceramic Dragons, Schmoos, Ashtrays, etc. There has to be something she and you can do to earn some extra income. Every little bit helps. My Godmother writes stories, has her sister draw the pictures, and her husband knit the bags and covers and she sells them at Craft Fairs and Flea Markets. It helps make ends meet.