IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Why not just...
...[link|http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/mil/election2000/itsyourvote/stories/-20001105-134550.html|give'em a pack of smokes instead?]
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Lucky Charlotte-they have a DA that wants to enforce the law
Here in Milwaukee, the Democrat DA thinks there's nothing wrong with any of this. In this smokes for votes story, the TV station caught it on tape and the DA didn't do anything. I think he uses the OJ method of investigation-eyes screwed shut.

Brian Bronson
New But it's not the local DA, it's the U.S. Attorney's Office..
(i.e. that's the Feds). Besides Charlotte is in Mecklenberg County.
Alex

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -- George Bernard Shaw
New Dadgummit! Reading for comprehension...
But the argument is essentially the same. The lucky stiffs in Charlotte have authorities interested in enforcing the election laws. We poor schmucks in SE Wisconsin don't.

Brian Bronson
New Re: Dadgummit! Reading for comprehension...
Don't you have the option of a private prosecution?
qts
New I don't understand what you mean
I don't know if any federal laws were broken, so I don't know if the feds were just ignoring it.

I know the local DA 'looked at' all the shenanigans at the time and decided to do nothing. Since he looked at it, I can only assume that local laws were involved.

But, IANAL, so I'm pretty ignorant about all the nitty gritty.

Brian Bronson
New Market forces
Something you should appreciate, BeeP....

Or perhaps it requires more of an "incentive" to vote for Republicans...
jb4
Boy I'd like to see those words on a PR banner behind [Treasury Secretary John] Snow at the podium:
Jobs and Growth: Just Wait.

John J. Andrew, unemployed programmer; see jobforjohn.com
New Possibly...
...maybe more Republicans don't smoke.

Or maybe there's just not alot of homeless Republicans that can be enticed with Raleigh's weed.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New I think that with the current level of tobacco tax
that its about the same either way. :-P

Smalltalk is dangerous. It is a drug. My advice to you would be don't try it; it could ruin your life. Once you take the time to learn it (to REALLY learn it) you will see that there is nothing out there (yet) to touch it. Of course, like all drugs, how dangerous it is depends on your character. It may be that once you've got to this stage you'll find it difficult (if not impossible) to "go back" to other languages and, if you are forced to, you might become an embittered character constantly muttering ascerbic comments under your breath. Who knows, you may even have to quit the software industry altogether because nothing else lives up to your new expectations.
--AndyBower
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:36:45 AM EDT
New true enough...
especially in New York/New Jersey

New No sh*t
glad I bought some Dukes in NYC bfore I came down (Dukes, whatever brand is off the truck that just arrived from NC without paying taxes) next time I visit the back is going to be loaded with $22.00 carons of bro's to sell at $3.00 a pack
thanx,
bill
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
     5 indicted in vote-buying... - (Simon_Jester) - (11)
         Why not just... - (bepatient) - (10)
             Lucky Charlotte-they have a DA that wants to enforce the law - (bbronson) - (4)
                 But it's not the local DA, it's the U.S. Attorney's Office.. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                     Dadgummit! Reading for comprehension... - (bbronson) - (2)
                         Re: Dadgummit! Reading for comprehension... - (qstephens) - (1)
                             I don't understand what you mean - (bbronson)
             Market forces - (jb4) - (4)
                 Possibly... - (bepatient) - (3)
                     I think that with the current level of tobacco tax - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                         true enough... - (bepatient) - (1)
                             No sh*t - (boxley)

Completely free of Microsoft Smart Tags!
226 ms