New Creative penalty for Osama and the taliban
Heard on a drive by
Catch Osama and build a prison on a mountain overlooking Kabul
rebuild Kabul
build a Mcdonalds and 711 on every corner
used car lots and strip joints on every third corner
introduce the concept of homeowner associations and condo commandos
build a replica of the twin towers.
After 10 yrs of this let him out and leave.
thanx,
bill
why did god give us a talleywhacker and a trigger finger if he didnt want us to use them?
Randy Wayne White
New Heard a better one
Capture him, perform a sex change operation, let her loose in Kabul.
For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong
H. L. Mencken, Mencken's Metalaw
New In one of my darker moods
I came up with the idea of removing everything that makes him a man (castration and a frontal lobotomy) and dropping him off in front of the Taliban HQ, a drooling snivelling eunick (sp?) but quite alive (so he doesn't become a martyr), as a warning to other terrorists.
~~~)-Steven----
New Nope
frontal lobotomy

He must remain completely self aware and cognizant of his condition and degredation
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Why so?
A lobotomy will render him in no shape to do any further harm. It will also serve the purpose of deterrence. Castration will also enhance deterrent value. I suppose the Supreme Court will have to rule on the question of "cruel and unusual punishment." I'd argue that anything calculated to deter is not cruel, though it may well be unusual. If they give the okay, go for it.

What else matters? Please no vengefulness or sadism. I'm not into that. I just want the problem solved.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
New Exactly
The whole intent of this dark scheme (which I would never expect to have enacted of course) is as a deterrent. Who would want to go through the rest of their lives as a completely impotent (both sexually and intellectually) man. The lobotomy also prevents any other terrorist schemes to come from that mind. If he kept full use of his intelligence, I would expect he would use it to strike back still. It isn't so much meant to be a lifelong torture for him as a symbol for those that remain.

Mind you, I'm not really this cruel, I just needed to give the reptillian part a little leash after the attacks; and that's what it came up with.
~~~)-Steven----
New Nope
frontal lobotomy

He must remain completely self aware and cognizant of his condition and degredation
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New Now, my plan . . .
. . is to add an Osama Bin Laden exhibit to the national zoo (bullet proof glass all around, of course). This should be particularly popular around feeding time (pork sausage).

Of course, we will have to let it be known that due to Bin Laden's health problems, we will fairly soon need a replacement for the exhibit and are evaluating other specimens in the wild.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New eunicks?
Isn't that some strange software that works a lot better than Windows?

Never mind...I was having a Dilbert Cartoon flashback.
Glen Austin
Rapidly becoming a PHB (at least in the hair dept.)
New Hmm. I been thinking about this, too.
Something along your original lines, but less "West": rebuild Afghanistan. It would require crossing a few hurdles though, such as removing the Taliban from ruling power and convincing the Afghani populace to stay/return. For best effect, it shouldn't be the US turning it into a model country. Instead, countries of diverse culture should help, e.g. India, China, someone from Africa, someone from Europe.

Actually, now I think about it, the key is getting the Afghani population up and running as a people but without the Taliban in power.

Wade, who wasn't willing to spend lots of time specifying this idea.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Cutting Things Off/Out
Go ahead and rid him of his hands, legs and toungue. This is much crueler than the lobotomy, unless you're willing to mess his mind up to the point where he gets occasional Grand Maul seizures.

Then he sits around the rest of his life grunting, but can't write anything down. In Afhanistan, he starves because he can't get to the food.

While you're at it, bring him into the United States and make him attend Bob Jones University, or Baylor. That should pretty much do it. Either he'll get Jesus or his mind will turn to mush in the ensuing fundamentalist meltdown.

Glen Austin
     Creative penalty for Osama and the taliban - (boxley) - (10)
         Heard a better one - (Silverlock) - (7)
             In one of my darker moods - (Steven A S) - (6)
                 Nope - (Fearless Freep) - (2)
                     Why so? - (marlowe) - (1)
                         Exactly - (Steven A S)
                 Nope - (Fearless Freep)
                 Now, my plan . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 eunicks? - (gdaustin)
         Hmm. I been thinking about this, too. - (static)
         Cutting Things Off/Out - (gdaustin)

I bumped into a dot.
47 ms