IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New text vs. formatted output
Plain text interfaces like nntp and email should have a <cr><lf> at the end of every line. Web interfaces will take care of wrapping for you; no matter how wide my real display is, the web browser will format it properly for the width of my display.

Your posts end up as tiny lines down the left hand side of the screen. That's probably what's irking Peter.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Speaking of irked
Your post is a single line across the right
hand side of my screen. I had to hit the
right scroll 4 times to read it.

Yes, I know, my fault for running a buggy
browser.
New Yup.
Someone should be jumping in here to talk about [link|http://www.mozilla.org/|Mozilla], or [link|http://galeon.sourceforge.net/|Galeon] (which required Gnome and Mozilla), or even [link|http://elinks.or.cz/|ELinks] (a text mode browser that does tables and frames). :-)

KDE seems to be at 3.1.1a. I would suspect that Konqueror has been substantially updated as well. At least I would hope it would have been! A browser that has trouble with word wrapping is fundamentally broken, IMHO.

You might want to take a gander at [link|ftp://ftp.rutgers.edu/pub/kde/stable/latest|ftp://ftp.rutgers.ed...kde/stable/latest] or your favorite local KDE mirror. Even if you don't like updating your systems, there must be a better way for you to participate here than to have to hard-code your returns and scroll your viewing window.

I'd grab a copy of Mozilla if I were you. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Bill Bennett - Know when to hold'em - (deSitter) - (38)
         Gotta love the dance when one of the Corporate moralizers - (Ashton)
         brilliant find - kudos - (rcareaga) - (33)
             I agree with him - (broomberg) - (30)
                 I could handle it too - (Silverlock) - (4)
                     What is the problem? - (broomberg) - (3)
                         Likewise... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                             Re: Likewise... - (deSitter) - (1)
                                 It's not solely a Christian belief.... - (Simon_Jester)
                 It's not the gambling - (JayMehaffey) - (24)
                     It's not a moral failing - (broomberg) - (22)
                         Certainly don't agree with Bennett - (JayMehaffey) - (21)
                             Drugs VS Gambling - (broomberg) - (20)
                                 Gambling can destroy... - (kmself) - (1)
                                     dam indians :-) - (boxley)
                                 OT request - (pwhysall) - (17)
                                     Re: OT request - (deSitter) - (16)
                                         OT response - (broomberg) - (15)
                                             text vs. formatted output - (jake123) - (2)
                                                 Speaking of irked - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                     Yup. - (Another Scott)
                                             Re: I don't upgrade workstations - (kmself) - (11)
                                                 But... bbbbut.... BUUTTTT - (folkert) - (1)
                                                     Hehe - (broomberg)
                                                 Thanks - (broomberg) - (8)
                                                     I'd send you a set of Disks... - (folkert) - (7)
                                                         I believe you - (broomberg) - (1)
                                                             Jigdo - (kmself)
                                                         Speaking of which ... - (drewk) - (4)
                                                             Well-formed scripts - (kmself) - (3)
                                                                 I was missing the first-line magic - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                     apt-get options - (kmself) - (1)
                                                                         Thanks, that's what I needed ... uhh, question - (drewk)
                     Heh..."I can quit any time I want..." -NT - (jb4)
             It IS so typical of the Moral Minority... - (jb4)
             Evil laughter - (Silverlock)
         amusing factoid - (rcareaga)
         What does the premiere of BC have to do with this? -NT - (jake123)
         Ever see the Recess movie? - (mhuber)

ED WILL NOT CORRUPT YOUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!!

BUT EMACS WILL ENHANCE THEM.
58 ms