IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, HP is learning from Lexmark.
[link|http://news.com.com/2100-1023-979791.html|Lexmark invokes DMCA in toner suit].
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New But, HP is not quite as smart as they think.
[link|http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9250|Expiry on HP printer cartridges hacked] for some HP printers anyway.
MAYBE THIS is a one off and won't work for everyone, but it might be worth a try. Recently my black cartridge on my old trusty hp 720C ran out. I was expecting it to, it had been in there for three years. On wandering round Akihabara I found some reduced because "the sell by date had expired" cartridges". Being cheap I bought a couple. When I got home and tried them out they wouldn't work, but being the inquisitive type (in addition to being cheap) I spent a little while ripping my hair out figuring what was wrong. After about an hour and a half I started to physically compare the old and new cartridge ..... and ......the copper pin layout on the new one was different. There was an extra pin! Scratched the pin off and voila. Sneaky hp.

Beebo
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Noted! I Love It:__nother slime loses corner office.
     "Carly's cunning consumable plan" - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
         Ed Foster had a thing on that - (cwbrenn) - (2)
             Expiration dates is like - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                 RE: Showers - (tuberculosis)
         Re: "Carly's cunning consumable plan" - (inthane-chan) - (6)
             Yep, HP is learning from Lexmark. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                 But, HP is not quite as smart as they think. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Noted! I Love It:__nother slime loses corner office. -NT - (Ashton)
             Nope - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Geez, you're a glutton for punishment, aren't ya? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     Re: Geez, you're a glutton for punishment, aren't ya? - (deSitter)
         "My ink has expired.." he said, cryptographically. - (Ashton)
         I see Epson and Canon not doing this. - (static)

I've never used said feature, but the top Google results include words like "issues", "errors", "problem", and "madness".
39 ms