IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Flesh Gordon. Ick.
Utterly witless.

It was the second half of a double bill (anyone remember double bills?) at the old Sash Mill Cinema in Santa Cruz sometime in 1975. My friend Susan and I had gone for the main flick (now forgotten, oddly), but remained for "Flesh Gordon," which was billed as satire. At about twenty minutes in we turned to one another simultaneously (probably moved by some conspicuously egregious bit), silently nodded in unison, got up and left. I think it may be the only film I've ever walked out on.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Similar response, more recent
Friend had picked up the latest Star Warz whatever, a few months back (Judeo - The Christian Martial Arts? as I think Peter piped once) .. after another process shot of some humongous city which made all sentient life appear ant-like, and an inept teen-throb mouthing some more proseless death - we happened to turn in the same way, and hit the STOP button.

Think it was a freebie at Bunker Busters that week.
At least they knew its value.

Oh well - back to Plan Nine from..

Ashton

Give some to Mikey; he won't eat Anything..
New Judeo is a *calypso* martial art.

Peter
[link|http://www.debian.org|Shill For Hire]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Blog]
New {whap whap} Of course! it is..
New Oh c'mon
The penisaurus was an instant classic.
The world is only a simple place to the simple.
New Had you had the wherewithall to stay until the end,
you would have found the final monster scene worth your time. Yeah, the movie sucks... There is absolutely no question about it. It would doubly suck if I were with a "date" viewing it. There is absolutely no redeeming social or even entertainment value to this movie. It is more a frat house drunk at 3:30 a.m. type of flick. All of that said, the monster is the bomb.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

Living is easy with eyes closed
misunderstanding all you see,
it's getting hard to be someone but it all works out
it doesn't matter much to me

J. Lennon - Strawberry Fields Forever
New "Saw" it at a drive-in
Was kinda preoccupied and drinking to boot - I "remember" it fondly though.

"Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes.
Contestants in a suicidal race."
    - Synchronicity II - The Police
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 05:53:58 AM EDT
     CDW asked me to evaluate my service rep.. - (deSitter) - (41)
         So much for Ms. Hamlin's career... -NT - (inthane-chan) - (1)
             Not At All - (deSitter)
         LMAO... - (screamer) - (12)
             It's ALF, okay? and more - (deSitter) - (9)
                 ROFL. -NT - (admin)
                 Okay, I was too stoned when I saw it too... - (screamer) - (7)
                     Flesh Gordon. Ick. - (rcareaga) - (6)
                         Similar response, more recent - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Judeo is a *calypso* martial art. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 {whap whap} Of course! it is.. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Oh c'mon - (Silverlock)
                         Had you had the wherewithall to stay until the end, - (screamer)
                         "Saw" it at a drive-in - (tuberculosis)
             I know.. I know - - (Ashton)
             Well, it could use . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         C'mon deS - call it "trickle down" - (Ashton) - (2)
             Followup - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Yes.. - (Ashton)
         Re: CDW asked me to evaluate my service rep.. - (Fuat) - (21)
             You assume the agent is aware of the followup. - (Silverlock) - (20)
                 Re: You assume the agent is aware of the followup. - (Fuat) - (19)
                     OK - (Silverlock)
                     Well you fail to consider.. - (deSitter)
                     Hey Fuat, You just delineated the PROBLEM... - (jb4) - (16)
                         Re: Hey Fuat, You just delineated the PROBLEM... - (Fuat) - (15)
                             Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (jb4) - (14)
                                 Re: Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (Fuat) - (13)
                                     Re: Calls-per-minute is not PERFORMANCE! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         I assure you he is not - (Arkadiy)
                                     KLOC & CPH - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                         No "measure" will work - (Arkadiy)
                                     If you can't keep up, take notes! - (jb4) - (8)
                                         Re: If you can't keep up, take notes! - (Fuat) - (7)
                                             I shouldn't be an expert on this.. - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                 I work at a call center - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                     Glad to hear that such a place exists! - (Ashton)
                                                     Echo Ashton, and reiterate the premise of this subthread: - (jb4) - (3)
                                                         Behold the Liberal with Ironclad Proof! :) -NT - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                             Snicker. - (Silverlock)
                                                             Hmmm - then for the Illiberal - a gun will suffice? ;-) -NT - (Ashton)
         Didja ever get a response? -NT - (Silverlock)

No, Mr. Bond! I expect you to die!
354 ms