IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe we need to get more voters active?
More voters who gave up, we should try and convince them to take a more active role in the voting.

I used to be an election judge, we usually got a low voter turnout unless it was a Presidential election. Easy enough job, but I'd only work during an election, which only happens once every few months.

"Bill gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
New You. Just. DO. That.
New I'm trying to convince anyone I can
to vote. When the don't vote, they let other people make the decisions for them.

Just a simple visit to the public library is all it takes to become a registered voter again. Just fill out the form and mail it in, and then go vote when the next election comes up.

"Bill gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
New Anytime
I hear someone complain about political / social / legal issues, I ask if they are an active voter. If not, I tell them they have no right at all to complain. It's a good start to a conversation on the importance of voting.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.
New Nah, we should just register them and vote FOR them
It'll save all that tedious discussing and convincing.

"Packed like lemmings into shiny metal boxes.
Contestants in a suicidal race."
    - Synchronicity II - The Police
New How Chicago of you.......[rofl]
jb4
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Rich Cook
Expand Edited by jb4 April 23, 2003, 03:36:04 PM EDT
     I don't feel free any more - (deSitter) - (28)
         Don't worry - (JayMehaffey)
         Not free anymore - (orion) - (23)
             The suits have always run the country - (tuberculosis) - (22)
                 As long as people keep voting . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                     Dang that was depressing. - (imric) - (11)
                         Me for prez in 2008. - (inthane-chan) - (10)
                             How are you going to turn the US upside down? - (imric) - (1)
                                 Also introduce "flat" income tax... - (inthane-chan)
                             And.... - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                                 Nah.. wanna be in charge o' the Repo Dungeons -NT - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     Even better (man, I can't stop giggling now) - (drewk) - (3)
                                         Yabut.. - (jbrabeck)
                                         *First Press Release* - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             Re: *First Press Release* - (rcareaga)
                             Well, that platform got my vote! :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
                             Gotta find a place for CRC...Then I'll vote for ya! -NT - (jb4)
                 Believe me I have - (orion) - (8)
                     Re: Believe me I have - (rcareaga)
                     You SURE you aren't the only one? - (imric) - (6)
                         Maybe we need to get more voters active? - (orion) - (5)
                             You. Just. DO. That. -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 I'm trying to convince anyone I can - (orion) - (1)
                                     Anytime - (imric)
                             Nah, we should just register them and vote FOR them - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                                 How Chicago of you.......[rofl] -NT - (jb4)
         Perhaps you felt free at one time because... - (ChrisR) - (2)
             bass-ackwards? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 No, he was exactly correct. - (deSitter)

I don’t need to see anyone celebrate breaking a huddle…
68 ms