Holocaust is a Red Herring. Hitler's scapegoating of the Jews was barely.. 'religious' - almost arbitrarily, they were the designated recipients of the frustration, poverty and hatred engendered by the Draconian terms of the WW-I surrender. Pure economics as in:

"Look at these-smart-college-guys, owning all that property - selling out the Deutsche Volk - a Zionist plot! to take over the Vaterland" (misplaced my copy of MK, so this is just paraphrase).

So back to the point, which is hardly mooted by 'The Holocaust': *this time* the action is alleged to derive from the heart of Religious Dogma\ufffd. Again - 'alleged'. And especially in 'Christian' Murica, there is woeful ignorance about most other religions everywhere - and 'Christians' are as divided as the balance of civilization about, Which GodsWord Is True(r).

So yes - it IS (this time too) about economics, about ~ the entire Muslim world numbering among the poorest (save for a few OPEC places - where the wealth is divided even more absurdly than our mere 95/5, yet poor people live better there, too).

But: the ignorance about Islam (and all others) brings focus on the religious basis, and not the underlying rationale. I maintain there is an opportunity here. But just a slim one. In the end, think we are much more apt to act precipitately than, patiently, cleverly: wisely.

Maybe a litmus: will there be any *lasting* damage to the ongoing agenda of the Tee Vee preachers - following the excrescences of two of them - next (??) Has anyone learned anything new, about hate encapsulated in religious doggerel, *wherever found* ?? (and maybe about: extreme poverty ==> extreme response, in the face of manic wealth, flaunted)

A.