IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yee-haw! Reagan Junior on Bush Junior
Reagan took a swipe at Bush during the 2000 GOP convention in Philadelphia, which featured a tribute to his father, telling the Washington Post's Lloyd Grove, "The big elephant sitting in the corner is that George W. Bush is simply unqualified for the job... What's his accomplishment? That he's no longer an obnoxious drunk?" Since then he's been quiet about the current occupant of the White House -- until now.

Some observers have compared Bush's persona as an intellectually challenged but politically gifted leader to that of Reagan. But the younger Reagan vehemently rejects the analogy. "The gunslinging cowboy, the actor who just read his lines -- that stereotype doesn't fit who my father really was. "My father had decades of experience in public life. He was president of his union, he campaigned for presidential candidates, he served two terms as governor of California -- and that was not a ceremonial office as it is in Texas. And he had already run for president, against Ford in '76, nearly unseating the sitting president in his own party. He knew where he was coming from, he had spent years thinking and speaking about his views. He didn't have to ask Dick Cheney what he thought.

"Sure, he wasn't a technocrat like Clinton. But my father was a man -- that's the difference between him and Bush. To paraphrase Jack Palance, my father crapped bigger ones than George Bush."

[link|http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2003/04/14/ron_reagan/index.html|http://www.salon.com...reagan/index.html]

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New going into the archives for photos?
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Since corporations are the equivelent of human but they have no "concience" they are by definition sociopaths
New I recall his brief flurry as talk show host
He may have matured. I'll try to read the rest later, at the cost of sitting through a Commercial at the newly-solvent Salon - combine a Day Pass with other items.

There's this little last-comment before the Pay-per-View starts -
"Yes, some of the current policies are an extension of the '80s. But the overall thrust of this administration is not my father's -- these people are overly reaching, overly aggressive, overly secretive, and just plain corrupt. I don't trust these people."
May these words echo on down to Vox Populi.. at the very next atrocity: of Language or to People.

Ashton
New may you have the joy of it
I'll try to read the rest later, at the cost of sitting through a Commercial at the newly-solvent Salon

My dear Ashton, for the love I bear you I will gladly purchase you a subscription to Salon Premium--please accept this as just tribute: it would be small payment for the pleasure I have derived from your posts these four months past. Send email info to rcareaga (at) mac (dot) com and the deed will be done forthwith. I will of course expect the added editorial content to strike sparks off your genius now and again.

respectfully,
New Ulp + Berlin Diary II
You are a true gentleman, thus I accept such a generous gift in the spirit offered - with gratitude, and sans but.. butts. Note follows.

(The Arabs, in nomadic times displayed a cordiality whereby, should a guest admire any object in their tent / home / (Palace these days ??) - it was immediately offered as a gift.. persistently IIRC. Only a charlatan would visit with a shopping list, of course.. They may have revised this tradition since Murican visitors with Polyester minds have descended since -?-)

BTW and re the ominous NSDAP parallels for our particular Manic point-in-time, [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=53375| this thread] contains a mini-review of a trenchant book I happened to notice in a friend's inherited collection (which contained many 1st Editions).

Minor digression: that deceased who found this book - had been a personal Secretary to Earl Warren when he was DA? of Oakland CA! prior to Governorship and of course ... all the rest. They remained close friends or at least in periodic contact, I believe - all along. (I have one of the letters from Warren to her, from that time)

She, Olive Bledsoe had been a pilot! about the times of the All-Women Pilots Assoc (or some similar name) which included Amelia Earhart. I have before me a photo on postcard form entitled, Amelia Earhart and Contestants for the Women's Air Derby, 1929. Included are ten aviatrices such as Marjorie Crawford, Patty Willis, Ruth Elder ... Amelia and the flambuoyant Florence 'Pancho' Lowe Barnes. Alas. Olive isn't in the bunch - dunno how active she was in 'contests'.

My friend, who cared for Olive for a couple years before her death.. was saved near-destitude via an innocent painting by one of the California Six? which she sold a few years ago. In brief, this was a world traveler and a Very smart person - whose library reflected her eclectic interests (and good eye for the umm memorable).

Back to Herr Rauschning: I stumbled across the title, almost dismissed it as YAN barely-intelligible neologism-stuffed existential tome! On reading the intro though, I imposed on the new owner a er long-term loan. I found this to be the best single essay I've ever encountered - on the nuts & bolts means of the seduction of the German volk, right on through the {unknown at pub. time} eve of Poland.

This making it [if it must be said, I'll say it] the 9/11 correspondence with: the contrived subversion of the Weimar Republic by [if it must be..] thugs just like the Corporate Thugs now in the trough of the White House.. as the Lincoln Bedroom emits baryons across a wide spectrum, via the bremsstrahlung of the near light-speed rotation of Lincoln In His Tomb.

I am hardly a 'scholar' of the Nazi regime's rise to Power, though I have read in the several dozens - various histories and angles.. and my Mater was an omnivorous reader (and reteller). I am appalled naturally, that - pretty much any info on that-all, for anyone under 40? - has come ex-school or via the sophistry of Googled digests. I deem this large ignorance a considerable part of the proximate cause of the ease with which this regime has employed the Advertainment methodology, burnished very extensively from..

Ivory Soap - It Floats! 99 44/100ths percent Pure!! ... in the '40s

into the massive machine which today rehearses lawyers for jury selection and manipulation - and calls that a Legitimate Tool - and earlier kept the Reagan mannikin from ever speaking extemporaneously (as-in - the unrehearsed Star Wars "Umbrella" for all the little cheeldrun). And on in to the branding, packaging and successful marketing of a failed and dull Wastrel ---> into the present Dangerous mess, all the while programmed by the soon-to-be Infamous New American Century comsymps er neocons - the newest scourge-name of all Humanity.

Karl Rove *alone* got him into and kept him in the Governorship of the Great Cluless State of Texas.. and all which followed, down to the thugs beating on windows at the ballot countings: that guerrilla theatre to prep the USSC for Treasonous complicity / a comfy retirement.

So then.. while Murica might squeak through and hindsight may reveal that I and thee protest too much -?- WTF - I'll chance it: 'They' determined that I was a smart little twerp early-on (you Know how WeLoveNumbers in the CPA-Society). Who am I to argue with Them? Am I to dismiss every inkling in my bones since achieving a degree of sentience; disregard all the lessons studied, of the odious progression of the scum at the Beer Hall Putsch?? Naaah. Can't.

My smarts say - This Today is no Chicken Little scenario but.. the Biggest-yet Thing since the Civil War. The fact that it is not yet perceived so by some fictional majority is no more remarkable than.. folie a deux; folie a mill\ufffdn.

We impeach these gross Primitives soon or Take the ex-Republic and Shove It Up There, with the new bitch-rap Cee Dees and the SUV-Dreamstuff. Truly.. the Nintendo Eloi are in ascendance, like any plague just after mating-time. All whistling,
*Nobody fucks with Paul Lazzarro!

*Slaughterhouse Five, (for the **Eloi).

Ashton, Credentialled Cranks Gmbh

{cackle}

**"Nintendo-Eloi" is a registered trademark of Axis of Gleeful LLC, Discorporate Div., copyright \ufffd2003 Ashton Brown

(Agreed, Axis of Gleeful wins on homonym!)
.. Gleevul ??

er maybe Rand Corporation II though?

New do not forget
--to forward the email info to the delicately paraphrased address above, that the salon.com protocols may be deployed for the greater good.

cordially,
     Yee-haw! Reagan Junior on Bush Junior - (rcareaga) - (5)
         going into the archives for photos? -NT - (boxley)
         I recall his brief flurry as talk show host - (Ashton) - (3)
             may you have the joy of it - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Ulp + Berlin Diary II - (Ashton) - (1)
                     do not forget - (rcareaga)

Most of the posts on this thread are from some idiot named "this user is blocked."
351 ms