IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But to possess that knowledge without
the being - well, it's all 'explained' in

sat chit ananda

;-)
Ashton
New Am assuming from the Vedas ?
[link|http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/ANCINDIA/VEDAS.HTM|http://www.wsu.edu/~...NCINDIA/VEDAS.HTM]

Cheers Doug

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New Re: Am assuming from the Vedas ?
Heh..

Issue with this part of your link -
Although Indra, the god of war and weather, is the most frequently mentioned, there appears to be no hierarchy.
Jos. Campbell quotes a nice little parable about Indra (who is a sorta demi-God; there is no 'attribution' possible re the [Absolute] of course; that which many imagine having internal folksy conversations with..) The short-form, then:

Campbell describes a building program which Indra presented to the (call him the Superintendent) 'up there' .. one which demanded fabulous buildings of immense specification .. .. this went on, again for some 'time' [in a timeless 'space' - we see the problem here] and his wife and others -not to mention the Superintendent- grew weary. Still, Indra's will was, well.. Indra's Will.

One day, amidst all this activity - Indra was informed of the presence 'just outside' of a mysterious Blue Boy (!) Indra directed that he be brought into the [hall?] Will skip the parable-like verbal exchanges, meant to illumine the listener.

At one point the Blue Boy, in answer to a question.. something about hubris IIRC, causes? reveals? a looong line of ants crossing the floor in a perfect line.

Indra: "What are those?"
Blue Boy [Krishna]: "Former-Indras All.."

I guess this suggests where Indra might reside in the pantheon; but of course - every bit of everything on the topic is perforce allegory and unsuitable for literal translation to the logical positivist.

(Personally I kinda like the elephant-headed God, Ganesha)

You'll find sat chit ananda pretty much everywhere in The Gita, Upanishads etc. (any stories whose referent words are the Sanskrit words). ~ Being Knowledge Bliss, in Engrish. Though the connectives? interrelationships just don't lend themselves to nice neat dictionary definitions. All I could possibly say is: these are Huge words, and applicable to any meta-p matters - from whatever Grasshopper angles of view. And we're all Grasshoppers here. Sometimes even Indra, too. (who decided to go back to his begging bowl and the singing of bajans, shortly after above events. Huge {sighs} of relief all around.)

{cackle}
New Re: Am assuming from the Vedas ?
I gather from some of your other posts that you're not above slumming in sci-fi from time to time. Do you know Zelazny's Lord of Light? A delightful pastiche on the Hindu tradition, with a backstory deftly delivered with the left hand--shown, not told.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New The fez is familiar but ..
dunno - will add title for my next raid on local paperback xchange (the *&$%^ s are alluz outta Pratchett. I think the owners Keep Them All. Ratz). Have read some Zelazny.. odd names have stayed with me since ~birth - but Book Titles seem to just evanesce.

Hindu sendup eh? Sounds like fun, but.. it's pretty hard to beat the UnReal Thing there; I mean.. who'da thunk up Ganesha! (a pretty helpful sorta God-(guy?)) I thought Jos Campbell's series - with many pics of various drawings, statues was just superb; could see Moyers sorta blinking.. at moments. I mean.. some o' them critter's'd warm the icy heart of an OT kinda reprobate (or Spanish Inquisition field scout? .. Si Se\ufffdor.. \ufffdmuy interesante!) Itsallinyourmind

Stay away from any smoky-red lights too, y'hear !?

Ashton
     Norman norman norman - come to me my son, harken ... - (dmarker) - (24)
         Except that - (Ashton)
         I know God - (orion) - (1)
             Whose (g)od 'him' - keep lookin' -NT - (dmarker)
         Ah, good ol' proof by assertion... - (tseliot) - (20)
             But I nicked the final lines from great philosophers :-) -NT - (dmarker)
             Antebellum cerebellum then - - (Ashton) - (4)
                 Hilarious. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Re: Hilarious. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Prolly a different pair - (Ashton)
                     Ja Mitgeliebter der link-isches. -NT - (Ashton)
             Re: Ah, good ol' proof by assertion... - (deSitter) - (13)
                 Inside & | Outside - artificial boundary -NT - (Ashton)
                 what IS is - (boxley) - (11)
                     ..only in our minds. - (Ashton) - (4)
                         since we are all little trogdylytes - (boxley)
                         Lola's papa weighs in - (rcareaga) - (2)
                             Or as another 'wag' put it, - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (boxley)
                     On the path to God - (dmarker) - (5)
                         But to possess that knowledge without - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Am assuming from the Vedas ? - (dmarker) - (3)
                                 Re: Am assuming from the Vedas ? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     Re: Am assuming from the Vedas ? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                         The fez is familiar but .. - (Ashton)

Is this how you were? Because I said, "As you were," and I don't think this is how you were.
75 ms