Of course xenophobia isn't confined to here; I'm just most familiar with the local viral form. At least one Sikh has been killed by perhaps Murica's worst sterotype:

The young ignorant male cum pickup-truck ("red neck" by familiar term) - in the most cowardly 'drive-by shooting' format. Leaving a wife and children. Said specimen went on to another gas station (Indian owned IIRC) but didn't succeed in hitting anyone. Anyone with a head covering + beard looks the same to the local terrorist avenging terrorism.

Then we have to contend with a selected President, plagiarizing Pearl Harbor phrases like "awakening a sleeping giant" - after promising to "stamp out evil". I doubt that such unimaginitive rhetoric reassures other leaders of our capacity for patience, next. (I wish he would notice that he made his/our point adequately at first; restating the same message in uninspiring jargon.. causes me to cringe as he searches for words. And it dulls the original 'cut to the chase': ~ we're coming... I thought that a pretty good reprise of WW-I's, The Yanks are Coming.)

I've seen the cartoons of 'japs' from WW-II, and they are of the same level as those of jews (shown as vermin), done by G\ufffdbbels. Of course the technique is ancient: first dehumanize an opponent, then it's OK to kill them - they aren't really people.

Holding breath next.. that our, probably now inescapable foray into Afghanistan, is done with the skill of a brain surgeon.

Those interesting times have arrived. They will be tawdry.

A.