IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Hate crimes up. - The thing that bothers me most about

the terrorist attacks, is the hurt that will be done to relations between Arabs in US & US citizens.

This is such a hard problem to deal with and is as old as time. In the 1st, 2nd & 3rd crusades, zealots attacked Jews back in Europe before they even left (who they considerd to be the same people as the muslims (how mistaken could they get ???)).

Now we are bound to see some very nasty attacks on Arabs & god help any poor Arab mulsim who gets into an argument with locals by trying to defend anti-US feeling.

When war fever bites, the enemy has to have a face & people with intense feelings and a will to act can get every bit as vicious as the acts of the terrorists.

Sad to say, but this is another area where things will get worse before they get better especially if there is military strikes against Afghanistan as a country & if civilians women & children get killed. At that point the perpetrators will have shifted Arab caution & non-approval away from their evil deeds & the emotion will be re-directed to US, the victim of the initial evil.

Hmmmm

Doug M
New Sikhs also!
Of course xenophobia isn't confined to here; I'm just most familiar with the local viral form. At least one Sikh has been killed by perhaps Murica's worst sterotype:

The young ignorant male cum pickup-truck ("red neck" by familiar term) - in the most cowardly 'drive-by shooting' format. Leaving a wife and children. Said specimen went on to another gas station (Indian owned IIRC) but didn't succeed in hitting anyone. Anyone with a head covering + beard looks the same to the local terrorist avenging terrorism.

Then we have to contend with a selected President, plagiarizing Pearl Harbor phrases like "awakening a sleeping giant" - after promising to "stamp out evil". I doubt that such unimaginitive rhetoric reassures other leaders of our capacity for patience, next. (I wish he would notice that he made his/our point adequately at first; restating the same message in uninspiring jargon.. causes me to cringe as he searches for words. And it dulls the original 'cut to the chase': ~ we're coming... I thought that a pretty good reprise of WW-I's, The Yanks are Coming.)

I've seen the cartoons of 'japs' from WW-II, and they are of the same level as those of jews (shown as vermin), done by G\ufffdbbels. Of course the technique is ancient: first dehumanize an opponent, then it's OK to kill them - they aren't really people.

Holding breath next.. that our, probably now inescapable foray into Afghanistan, is done with the skill of a brain surgeon.

Those interesting times have arrived. They will be tawdry.

A.
New The terrorists hoped to create hate and prejudice ...
... both within the U.S. and abroad.

They need that type of hate to hide behind the terribly hateful acts they committed.

If we fail to react the way the teeroists want then their own people will help us smoke these evil people out of their hiding places.

In other words, we have the chance to take away their "friends" and turn them into our "friends". They never expected that.
     Hate crimes up.. some solutions - - (Ashton) - (3)
         Re: Hate crimes up. - The thing that bothers me most about - (dmarker2) - (2)
             Sikhs also! - (Ashton)
             The terrorists hoped to create hate and prejudice ... - (brettj)

Well, there's always "Clippy".
129 ms