I feel much better knowing that the old boys are there if Dubya needs them. I actually couldn't think of a better man to have in the family at this time than George Sr. In times of war, it most definately is best that amateur hour is over. I have to agree that the whole military enchilada went to hell during the Clinton watch... but there were some Republican Senates and Houses that didn't do much to stop it?

Partisanship aside, before this attack, Washington was concerned what would happen to the budget "surplus"... Just where in the world did this surplus come from... Could it be the so called "peace dividend" we heard about at the end of the cold war? Damn fricken straight that's what it was. Real genius on Clinton's part? They just quit calling it a draconian cut on defense spending and started calling it a "surplus". Well, it's been parroted by the liberal media as "surplus" for the last 8 years so.... that's what it is. GUESS WHAT. WE"RE SPENDING THAT "SURPLUS" ON DEFENSE ANYWAY.

What I really think is "silly" is that people would be playing armchair quarterback at this particular time in history... "Well, if only Gore were president now..." What? Would that make a rats bit of difference? We'd be behind him with the full resources remaining within this government. Just like we are with Dubya. Again, I feel a strong comfort knowing that George Sr. is available at this particular time. I also doubt that Colin Powell would have been SOS for Gore... etc... Cheney is also a huge asset.

Well, maybe some of these old "paranoid fart" conservatives have had a bit of a point... In the same regard as insurance is a terrible waste of money for most people, but IF YOU NEED IT, you better have it. It's probably because few of the World War II veterans are still alive to remember enought to be paranoid and to take out insurance.